The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 10-15-2021, 07:39 AM
Eric Skye

Default Home On The Midrange -Jamie Stillway & Eric Skye

Here's a link to several options for streaming, downloading, and even buying CDs of the new album I made with Jamie Stillway.
https://jamiestillwayericskye.hearno...n-the-midrange

It's a collection of original flatpicked reels and waltzes, featuring pretty much constant down-rabbit-hole improvisation on two acoustic guitars. I hope you enjoy it even just a fraction as much as I enjoyed playing these tunes over a few mornings last spring with Jamie

Last edited by min7b5; 10-15-2021 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:49 AM

Listening to this now, and it's outstanding!! Great job, Eric and Jamie!!
Old 10-15-2021, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

Default Great Stuff

This is great stuff. I’ll spend the evening with this album and some green, recreational herbs.

I really hear some David Grier influences on this one.

Thanks for sharing.

Robert
Old 10-15-2021, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Typically lovely playing by both of you. Brings to mind your statement elsewhere that you pretty much never listen to your own recorded music. I'm not 1% of the musician you are and I still listen to my own personal recordings from time to time - if I could play like you do, I think I'd be listening a LOT! In any case, I'm glad I'm able to listen to your music.

-Ray
Old 10-15-2021, 02:51 PM
Eric Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Typically lovely playing by both of you....
-Ray
Thanks Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucetophere View Post
This is great stuff. I’ll spend the evening with this album and some green, recreational herbs. I really hear some David Grier influences on this one.
Ha!
And yup, I'm a big Grier fan.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Great album. I just discovered Jamie via YouTube (guitar lessons for introverts video) then saw the duo videos. The playing on this is superb! The phrasing is articulate and lively. Bravo!
Old 10-15-2021, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Default The Watershed

I REAALLLLY love The Watershed and Don’t I Know You. Any chance you could direct me to a video of The Watershed?
Old 10-15-2021, 08:00 PM
Eric Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucetophere View Post
I REAALLLLY love The Watershed and Don’t I Know You. Any chance you could direct me to a video of The Watershed?
Oh thank you so much. No videos for The Watershed yet. That’s definitely on the to-do list.

I don’t know how interesting any of this is; but the four tunes that are mine are inspired by Bucks County Pennsylvania where I grew up. I got to go back there and visit for a house concert a number of years ago, and took my sister, Kathryn, with me to see where we grew up. Wasn’t long after both of our parents had passed so it was rather poignant. Anyway at one point she went into town by herself and I just played by the river into my phone for a few hours. Couple years later when I had to switch phones I found those of us voice memos files, and basically all four of the songs were just there..

Jamie's Tune, Don't I Know You?, she said, popped out, but she thought she recognized the chord progression, so she kept thinking, "don't know you?"... I really love playing that tune of heres. If I do say so myself, I really like the Youtube video we put of that one right before shutdown..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases