The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-05-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwallace1966 View Post
You guys are so knowledgeable. Thank you for all of the advice!!
Mark
Hi Mark,
Even though the handheld recorders may list a "built in speaker" in their specifications, it is NOT sufficient for anything other than to sort out what a random file name actually has recorded on it, or simply to verify that there is SOMETHING that's been recorded. (Yes, they sound THAT BAD!)

You will need an auxillary speaker or headphones to listen to your recordings. I use a Creative D-100, but that's no longer made. I also have a smaller, but quite useful Creative Muvo rechargable portable speaker that works by plugging in or alternatively by bluetooth connection. It's a super nice portable, and actually sounds quite good for its size.

I often use it in bluetooth mode to carry around the house with me while listening to podcasts or other audio that is being streamed to my laptop.

Tascam DR-05 with Creative D-100:

Last edited by Rudy4; 01-05-2024 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:53 AM

This looks like a great setup, Rudy!
I just came across another pro regarding a standalone recorder: it has no phone number, so you are less likely to being disturbed during practicing.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:35 AM

Kinda had that feeling, Rudy. Thanks for confirming!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustic, recording