The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-03-2015, 06:49 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariGuitars View Post
Thank you very much for explaining why to use that back brace pattern John. Really informative. I've been trying to find how radial bracing can help color or reflect the sound of the guitar and "predicting" how the back will color the sound is something really hard to do and usually, hard to control.

When I have the chance I'll try experimenting with that kind of braces.

Thanks again.
Great, I am glad you were able to get something from that post. I find that I am learn something everyday in the shop and the best way to move forward in this process is to build more and more. I often get asked what one minor detail has on the impact of tone and in many cases the details impact on tone may be hard to pinpoint. We tend to generalize in these cases, but (to me) it is really a sum of all the parts that gives us the end result.

I do need to get some pictures posted of the Woodstock guitars. The FS is strung up and although playable at the moments is still settling in. I will do an initial set-up early next week. I will also string up the SD this coming week.

I am working around a few messes from some shop renovation and will be hanging (new) radiators in the shop too. Got to get the heat going in the ASAP. (Although I have some back-up electric)

More soon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop