The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-08-2024, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Default Christmas songs and vocal CD

I guess I should have asked Santa for this before Christmas, but I have been trying to find a book of fairly easy strumming Christmas songs that also comes with a CD of adults singing the vocals. Not original artists, or choirs singing Christmas songs in ways that only they can perform, just good adult singers.

I have a poor voice and want to try to improve, but also want to practice my strumming playing along with the vocals on the CD. I have purchased a sing-along CD with kids' vocals (but no book), and I've managed to figure out what keys they are playing for some of the songs in order to accommodate the higher pitched voices of the kids. I've transpose the keys of some of the songs from other books I have, and this works for strumming practice, but it's hard to try to sing along at the higher pitch.

Has anyone come across a nice book of traditional Christmas songs that comes with an accompanying CD with adult vocals, or perhaps a book with online access to vocals for practice?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Tags
christmas vocals