The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-27-2022, 03:54 PM

Default Recommendatiosn for a Cutaway w/ Preamp

I've been combing the forum and researching this for a while and would be interested to get recommendations for a nylon string with the following criteria:

-Cutaway w/ a preamp w/ mic blend
-Up to $2K
-Ideally spruce top, but cedar OK
-50 mm nut ideal, 52 with a shallow depth neck OK
-No flamenco golpeador
-Full size/scale

I had a Cordoba GK Studio Negra in the past which I liked, but the trebles sounded too weak unplugged. I was certain that GK Pro Negra would be the one for me, but I was disappointed after trying one out - sounded a little better than the studio, but fret edges were rough - did not seem like it was worth the $1,900 price tag. I've heard good things about Cervantes and Furch guitars, but they seem hard to find to try out.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:28 PM

I've played Cervantes classicals (no cutaway and no pickups) and they were excellent for the money about 8 years ago.

His reputation has broadened ever since so I don't know if his current prices now better reflect the guitars' true value.

You could try some of the upper-end Yamahas if your focus is on the amped tone rather than the acoustic tone.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:10 PM

Default Cutaway Nylon

the gk studio is probably the only cordoba I've ever played that I felt was possibly worth the price, most likely because it has a solid amplification set. So I wouldnt have recommended upgrading to another cordoba.

In the price range you are looking for, you can never go wrong with a Hermanos Camps guitar. Their studio Flamenco guitars have extremely balanced bass and trebles, great looks and nice combination of sustain and low action- all for a decent price and they offer all of them as cutaway guitars.

(note:a flamenco guitar with no golpedor? idk why you want that so im gonna address it)
https://www.guitarrasdeluthier.com/e...1-c-negra/1486
there is their negra, which they generally charge alittle more for than the blanca

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical