The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-28-2022, 04:02 PM

Thanks for posting. Cool summary. This demonstrates that it isn't a necessity to "always" use the pinnacle of gear to be a great composer and musician, even though he did a lot of work on iconic classics.

You can find a lot of these details in the books mentioned in the video and the All the Songs book by Guesdon & Margotin. I like this book as it goes into lots of detail for each song including often listing the guitars likely to have been played and utilized effects.

As a kid, the acoustics on Houses defined the tone I sought when I made my first acoustic purchase, and in many ways, it still influences my preferences today. There are differing accounts of whether it was the Harmony, D-28, or both. In any case, I picked a D-28 clone that is still a treasured instrument today.

Best,

Mac
Old 01-28-2022, 05:01 PM

Joe had the '59 Les Paul he later sold to Page modified at Lay's Guitar Repair in Akron, OH. The shop opened in the early-1960s and is still in the same location and doing repairs. Ironically, the last guitar of mine they worked on was a Harmony Sovereign.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion