The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-07-2003, 09:03 AM

please let us know what you think of the kyser short cut.

mark
t
'03 K22ces
'98 Seagull S6+ CW Cedar
'73 Ibanez mandolin
'00 Ibanez cutaway 6-string
Copeland low whistle in D
Peavy Predator
Old 05-09-2003, 12:02 PM

Default Two Additional Pieces of Advice

1. An even easier way to cut the capo is simply buy a Kyser "Drop D" capo (or a regular one for that matter) and take an Exacto knife and cut ONLY the rubber part that comes into contact with the E, B & E strings. I learned this trick from a guitarist in one my worship bands only AFTER spending half an hour with a hacksaw cutting off the metal (and almost my finger) also.

2. WorshipTogether.com just released a GREAT resource book entitled "How To: The Ultimate Songbook for All Skill Levels". It contains arguably the 40 most popular modern praise & worship songs in Sheet Music, Chord Charts, Nashville Numbering AND Cut Capo version! If my memory serves me right it cost around $30-40. Well worth it.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:16 PM

Smile Interesting......

I have to admit, this partial capo business even has me intrigued. I thought the Third Hand capo at Harvey Reid's site (woodpecker.com) was pretty cool-sounding. I have made use of a full capo at times, but this sounds worth a shot as well.....
Old 05-31-2003, 05:53 PM

Cool A little update....

This ESUS capo (shubb partial) is super! The darn thing practically plays itself......has made it easy for me to come up with a couple of new pieces recently. The other thing that's good about it is the finely adjustable pressure, so that you can tighten it just enough to depress the strings without doing any harm. Definitely cool....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell