The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-11-2020, 08:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
You say that, but in the fall when playoff baseball starts, everyone up north starts wearing heavy coats when it first gets in the 50's too for the first time. It's a relative thing...
Not sure how far north you’re referring to, but I’m sure it’s not everyone...

In fact, in this region many don’t wear jackets when it’s in the 50’s. Let alone heavy coats. Relative...I guess opinions (like cold weather attire) vary.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS

Last edited by PTony; 01-11-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Not sure how far north you’re referring to, but I’m sure it’s not everyone...

In fact, in this region many don’t wear jackets when it’s in the 50’s. Let alone heavy coats. Relative...I guess opinions (like cold weather attire) vary.
Anywhere it snows when it gets cold for the first time after summer, they coats come out when it's below 60.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-11-2020, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Anywhere it snows when it gets cold for the first time after summer, they coats come out when it's below 60.
lol...you’re kidding right?
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS

Last edited by PTony; 01-11-2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

Man, it’s fun to watch a young team figure out how good they can be. Tennessee is figuring out that they can beat anyone right now. I remember enjoying watching the Patriots do the same thing back in 2001 (I think it was 01 - right around then anyway). I didn’t think it would last 20 freakin’ years, but I remember enjoying it at the time.

I was kind of wondering how Lamar would react to getting behind, as young as he is and as dominant as he’s been. Not well, it seems. But he’ll learn from this. Meanwhile, Derek Henry is just mowing them down. Wow!

-Ray
Old 01-11-2020, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Man, it’s fun to watch a young team figure out how good they can be. Tennessee is figuring out that they can beat anyone right now.

I was kind of wondering how Lamar would react to getting behind, as young as he is and as dominant as he’s been. Not well, it seems. But he’ll learn from this. Meanwhile, Derek Henry is just mowing them down. Wow!

-Ray
Agreed Ray. Tennessee has quieted Baltimore fans. Henry has been impressive. As to Lamar, he’s fun to watch. What concerns me is his fearlessness. And, what impresses me is his fearlessness. Hopefully he will find a good balance and have a lengthy career in the NFL.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s games.
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 01-11-2020, 10:28 PM

Titans win!
Wow
Old 01-11-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Man, it’s fun to watch a young team figure out how good they can be. Tennessee is figuring out that they can beat anyone right now. I remember enjoying watching the Patriots do the same thing back in 2001 (I think it was 01 - right around then anyway). I didn’t think it would last 20 freakin’ years, but I remember enjoying it at the time.

-Ray

I said it a few weeks ago that Lamar might choke on the playoffs. I called Chiefs vs Saints, but of course Saints got eliminated. So that leaves Chiefs vs Packers. I really wanna see an elite QB vs the future elite really bad.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
lol...you’re kidding right?
It's a long time from now, but I'll try to remember for fall baseball. I see it every year without fail. Fans in the stands with coats on when it's like 50 degrees.

Here's one I found as just one example:

Temperature that night was in the low 50s.

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/...h=10&year=2018

Look at everyone in the stands wearing coats and sweatshirts.

It's not the exception either. Every fall game where it's in the 50's you see this at every outdoor stadium.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s

Last edited by robj144; 01-12-2020 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
I live in North Central Ohio and that’s just not the rule. In fact, the last couple of days here have been 55-60. No one except some of the the extreme elderly are wearing coats. Haven’t seen coats being worn unless the temps were below 40.
Fact is, most anyone under 25 years old does not wear a coat at all if they can get away with it. I saw a lot of people wearing shorts though.
I’m serious.
I saw people wearing coats in southern states all the time when the temps get below 60 when I traveled down there for work.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster

Last edited by rokdog49; 01-12-2020 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Get off my lawn kid

Regardless of whose playing, when a 9-7 team beats a 14-2 team in the playoffs, I start to question the validity of the NFL, the playoff system and apple pie

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 01-12-2020, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Regardless of whose playing, when a 9-7 team beats a 14-2 team in the playoffs, I start to question the validity of the NFL, the playoff system and apple pie
Kinda rekindles my faith in the whole thing. The whole "on any given Sunday" thing, that's why they PLAY the games, the best coaching strategies married to the right personnel can do amazing things. I'm starting to think Vrabel and his DC know some stuff - they've been incredibly impressive the last two weeks. They're gonna be facing another incredibly talented young QB again next week - it'll be interesting...

And I'm really kind of digging not having to be for or against anyone, with my team out and the teams I really DIDN'T want to see win also out. I'm just digging it as a casual observer - I'd have been equally happy if the Ravens won last night, but was fascinated seeing how Tennessee was able to dismantle them...

-Ray
Old 01-12-2020, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

And I'm really kind of digging not having to be for or against anyone, with my team out and the teams I really DIDN'T want to see win also out. I'm just digging it as a casual observer - I'd have been equally happy if the Ravens won last night, but was fascinated seeing how Tennessee was able to dismantle them...

-Ray
Agreed, I am down to hoping the longest suffering fan base finally gets to see their team win. Now that the Vikes are out, go Chiefs.

We finally get rid of the Pats, now we're getting videos of Red Sox fans?
Old 01-12-2020, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Agreed, I am down to hoping the longest suffering fan base finally gets to see their team win. Now that the Vikes are out, go Chiefs.

We finally get rid of the Pats, now we're getting videos of Red Sox fans?
Heh heh. Must be tough for New Englanders not having anything more interesting than cool weather spectator fashion to talk about this time of year. The emotional anguish must be intense.

I got no sympathy for em. In my roughly 55 years of fandom “my teams” (Baltimore as a little kid, Seattle in the ‘80s, Philly for about the last 30 years) have won exactly four championships - the Colts in ‘70-71, the Bullets in 1978, the Phillies in ‘08, and the Iggles two years ago. If I’d been an Orioles fan as a kid, I’d have had some fun, but didn’t learn to love baseball until much later. So NOT winning something huge in Boston doesn’t strike me as a particularly heinous atrocity...

Ray

Last edited by raysachs; 01-12-2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:45 AM

The Detroit Lions have finally provided "bragging rights" as the longest lived batch of losers in the NFL, 63 years since 1957, when Bobby Layne/Buddy Parker were in charge! That's going to be hard to match. No end in sight either.

Fog
Old 01-12-2020, 10:00 AM

Wow. I didn't watch (because somehow last night I got a life and went out) but I was surprised to hear that the Titans rolled over the Ravens like that. Clinching early, getting the bye AND home field advantage didn't seem to help them at all. Were they rusty?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic