The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-08-2007, 07:35 AM

Default I'm a believer in carbon fiber

I went to my local Guitar Center. I saw a used Adamas 2080 there and I played it unplugged... It blew me away.... The tone was amazing! It was bright but full sounding. I picked it up expecting it to have no low end and tinny, brassy highs but the deep bowl body really brought out a new, exquisite sound!

I didn't plug it in because of time but I quickly played several tunes on it and I thought I was playing an electric because the setup was perfect and the strings were super low! I can't believe how much I enjoyed it.

I quickly compared the sound to a 514, D-42, 614, and HD-28V and I could say that the Adamas was my preferred guitar.

Keep in mind that the guitars there were not humidified to my knowledge and that could have affected the wood guitars but the carbon fiber guitar doesn't require this so called "right humidity".

As a bonus, I heard Ovation's VIP-5 preamp is an amazing piece of equipment! Here's the point, I loved the Unplugged sound soooo much!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:42 AM

Carbon Fiber certainly has its fans. I had a Rainsong WSM1000. Absolutly great guitar. Likely more sound (and perfect sound) than any guitar I've owned. I sold it because I drifted back to the "wood" sound. Just my choice for what I like. But, alot of people really like their sound, and it's all good. Not a thing wrong with the Carbon Fiber guitars....

The Missouripicker's YouTube Channel
URL:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMissouripicker

Gibson J100 Walnut, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Dove, Gibson J45TV, Gibson AJ RW, Gibson AJ Koa, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Gibson J15, Martin HD28, Alvarez MFA66SHB and many other guitars, banjos, mandolins, dobros, dulcimers, and strays.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:12 AM

I gotta agree the carbon fiber sound is great. Wish I could afford one.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber