The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-16-2015, 07:13 AM

Default Ensor Guitars Website Update

I recently updated my website. I would appreciate it if you would take a look and give me some feedback. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:52 AM

Chris,

The website is nice and easy to read. I really do not like broken links on a site and check the ones I am involved with on a regular basis. In your case several of the video files show a corrupt ect. I am using firefox and they and others have issues with flash. No clue if the videos are flash, but they are showing corrupt.

One other item is that there is no address in your contact. It might not seem like a big thing, but when I commission a guitar I like to go, visit, and maybe play one of the makers guitars. If I emailed you I believe that you would more than likely provide the address and an invite.

Anyway you asked for thoughts,

JRW
Old 07-16-2015, 08:53 AM

Looking at the site, it is easy to navigate. The links on the video work on this end.

I would suggest you include what one can expect for the base price in terms of specifics. Also and options list with pricing would help prospective buyers "pre build" their guitar prior to ordering.

Some items I find useful when searching builder sites is a pictorial of there premium wood stash. If they are numbered, as with multiple back and side wood species, it would also allow the prospective client choose the piece for their build.

Best of luck with the site.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minexploration View Post
Chris,

The website is nice and easy to read. I really do not like broken links on a site and check the ones I am involved with on a regular basis. In your case several of the video files show a corrupt ect. I am using firefox and they and others have issues with flash. No clue if the videos are flash, but they are showing corrupt.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The videos seem to be loading in most browsers, but you are correct in that firefox is having issues with them. I will address this asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minexploration View Post
One other item is that there is no address in your contact. It might not seem like a big thing, but when I commission a guitar I like to go, visit, and maybe play one of the makers guitars. If I emailed you I believe that you would more than likely provide the address and an invite.

Anyway you asked for thoughts,

JRW
I always welcome visitors to my shop and actually encourage it when possible. I prefer for people to contact me to get my address. I mean heck, I have to have enough time to clean the shop and pretend it always looks that way.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross748 View Post
I would suggest you include what one can expect for the base price in terms of specifics.
You can see an a list of what comes standard at my base price here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross748 View Post
Some items I find useful when searching builder sites is a pictorial of there premium wood stash. If they are numbered, as with multiple back and side wood species, it would also allow the prospective client choose the piece for their build.
On the same page as linked to above there is a link to where you can see some of my current wood stash. That can be found here.

Thanks for your feedback and useful suggestions.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ensor View Post
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The videos seem to be loading in most browsers, but you are correct in that firefox is having issues with them. I will address this asap.
It might have something to do with Flash. Firefox had blocked Flash for a while due to a bug, that seems to have been fixed - though I'm not sure if that means users need to perform updates to Firefox or to Flash.

The site looks great Chris. Though maybe more pictures of my guitar would improve it some more.

Ensor ES (Sycamore/Lutz)
Halcyon (Flamed walnut/Engelmann)
Taylor 324ce
Taylor Baritone 6
Warwick Streamer
Eastman MD505

"I only drink coffee on days ending in 'y' "
Old 07-17-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeaddict View Post
It might have something to do with Flash. Firefox had blocked Flash for a while due to a bug, that seems to have been fixed - though I'm not sure if that means users need to perform updates to Firefox or to Flash.

The site looks great Chris. Though maybe more pictures of my guitar would improve it some more.
Colin,
You are right, I do need more pictures of your guitar on my site... like a picture or two of you (and maybe a cat) and your guitar!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:37 AM

I like the site, very good.

Gibson J15 Walnut Burst // Taylor 210 // Sigma 000m-15s // Washburn R320 // Guild g9100/g9110 (Ukes) // Epiphone M-30s (Mando)
Old 07-17-2015, 11:33 AM

Thumbs up Site Works

Hi Chris,
Nice site, it looks like you've put a lot of work in on it. Everything worked for me and things are well explained.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:53 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hello Chris,

I was able to navigate through your site very easily on my iPAD, and had no trouble loading pictures or videos. I am intrigued with your binding jig...and would like to see an additional video of its operation on an actual guitar, and not just the piece of wood that you use to show us how to set it up.

My favorite element on the entire site, though, is under your "About Me" page...where you take a moment to share your belief in our Saviour, and where you (from the unique perspective of a woodworker) experience the beauty and wonder in the gifts that God our Father has given to us. I absolutely resonate sympathetically with everything you expressed, and I appreciate how you unashamedly share these beliefs with all who may visit your site.

Great job Brother,
Joel Teel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop