The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-17-2001, 08:50 AM

Post ovations

im looking at an ovation balladeer....anybody have one ....do ya still like it after a few years?im buying it used,its 8mos old ..like new..and the ol boy needs some money.i have a 810 and i was looking at a big baby but....for 4 hundred i like the phatter sound of the ovation....plus it got some 'LECTRISITY'stuff...so i could 'PLUG IN'
Old 02-17-2001, 09:50 AM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Hi axememan,
I have had a number of ovations over the years which I have used as stage guitars. Right now I have a 1992 Collectors series for sale which I used for a lot of gigs. I found these guitars very versatile for stage since we would play country, classic rock and blues all in the same set sometimes. Now that I am no longer giging every weekend and only gig occaisionaly the guitar just sits in its case because unplugged it not much to listen to. So if your going to use it to play out go ahead and get an ovation. Otherwise.......
Bill.
Old 03-25-2001, 05:29 PM

Smile

Nothin'wrong with Balladeers. A friend has one and IMHO, it's got a great sound. I have an Applause 12-string and Ovation CC74 Bass. Good guitars, awkward to play!
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 03-25-2001, 06:49 PM

I agree with Capt. Bill that those axes really show their best in a stage performance environment. IMHO, the plastic backed versions don't stand up to a first rate all wood guitar unplugged but to each his own. Ovation makes some very good guitars.

Mike
Old 04-03-2001, 11:14 PM

Not much unplugged, OK plugged in but not exceptional. Very difficult to play sitting down, as the round back slips right off your knee.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification