The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-15-2022, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
The guy's just giving a fun name to sus/add9 chord shapes to make it easier for people to learn.
Yep, I meant to say that in my post above, but I was distracted by laughing at myself!

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 05-20-2022, 08:31 AM

Just to update this thread, the situation has seemed to taken care of itself. I decided not to try to mod it until I had been playing for at least a few more weeks to improve myself and glad I didn't. I would have just broken something.

Some factors are I've been playing the guitar 1-2 hrs a day, so I'm probably holding at the frets better and strings may have deadened a bit, the guitar starting to settle in. Then, the shop had the guitar hanging in a seeming uncontrolled environment for a few months, whereas now I have it in a room measuring 46-48% Rh at all times and don't bring it out anywhere (yet). Anyway you cut it the distracting effects have gone away and I'm totally happy with the tone now. In fact, deeply in love with it. I've still been listening to Youtube reviews of other guitars; I may end up with a J-45 in the future or something else, but I guess I've just got the acquisition syndrome already. Won't cheat on it yet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion