The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-16-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
Spending 30 to 50 thousand dollars on a vehicle I might keep for 10 years might be trivial to you. But it's not to me.

Using your train of thought, this entire discussion forum about picks, strings, and guitars must seem quite trivial. Did you put that post in the other threads?

I hate war as much as the next guy, but there's always one somewhere and the best defense is a good offense.
Of course everything we post about here is trivial. And much of what we do in daily life is trivial. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it. It is, however, useful and appropriate to do what we can to maintain perspective. Not easy, I will grant you, but still….

And while many thousands of dollars is not as trivial as posting about strings and such, but (like most things), it pales when compared to the threat of death faced in a war zone, the experience of illness, or the actuality of death.

I’m sure you can agree.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
You know...

Where they're "ready to deal" ?

It's still pretty pathetic here in the Heartland. They don't seem "motivated" to sell, and everything is above MSRP.

Market Value, they call it.

I'll never pay over MSRP.

Ain't

Gonna

Doit...
There are almost no used manual transmission cars on Kijiji up here in Calgary, < $3K. There were many, when I got my son his first car Jan 2020. So it's not just new cars.

Intentional?

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 05-17-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
There are almost no used manual transmission cars on Kijiji up here in Calgary, < $3K. There were many, when I got my son his first car Jan 2020. So it's not just new cars.

Intentional?
Yes intentional whether used or new. We're a long while into the manufacturers making what most people want and what works best overall.

We like a manual transmission and admit we made some effort to get a manual a few times. There have been one-way plane tickets, special orders and luck to get manual transmissions and that's gone back decades now.

Equally frustrating is near death of the true wagon aka long roof or estate.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic