The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-17-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbigfly View Post
Big News! My S1 came back already. How is that for fast service?
Upon un-packing I found the letter of explanation. According to the service person who did the work (?) they checked everything in the unit, battery was fully charged and they were “unable to replicate the issue.” So I removed it from the box and it’s, well, still dead. So and I had a little chat regarding the difficulty. She read me a point by point of everything that was checked. After a bit of explanation I was able to have them understand that it was in exactly the same condition as when I sent it. No sound, no led light, no charge light and plugging it in to the wall socket had the same result. I also explained that if anyone was willing to try the switch they would have the same result as I got. It’s dead.
So…they sent me a return label, told me there would be no charges and they would fix whatever the difficulty might be…..
BUT THEY WERE FAST not fixing it and returning right away, so there is that.
It’s a different world out there folks…..

oddly enough, I had the exact same experience when I sent mine in to have the front pilot light fixed (the little blue one on the bottom left corner.)

had a well written, printed letter describing the problem. Turn the unit on, wait 10 minutes, the pilot light will no longer be lit, but the speaker is on.

the sent it back to me about a week later,, and yea,, blue light -- still wasn't staying lit after a few minutes

Called them and explained what was going on, and of course another RA was issued, (great, sure, lets not be able to use it for another 2 weeks..!!)

The second time, they actually fixed it and it's been fine since.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 05-17-2022, 08:10 AM

So…there is hope?
Really like this little speaker.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:54 AM

Uhhh….well, my S1 has returned from the mothership again. If you recall, after storing the S1 it failed to power up. Ended up returning it to Bose for fix/repair. It was returned promptly, but not working although the tech indicated everything was in order and the “problem could not be replicated.” But it failed to work in any manner.
So it was returned to Bose again for repair. It came back with the tech report once again indicating that the problem could not be replicated.
While it took longer to discover that it did not need repair this time, it works.
So…now I am perplexed. It would not power up, but needed no repair the first time. Returned it and it still needed no repairs, only this time I must agree. It works.
There are a few possibilities, one of which would be that the S1 needed a road trip to get things in order, or something was missed and not mentioned in the tech letter.
It was broken and now it works. Perhaps that is enough. I really like the S1 and would buy another, but I already have two. Still, it is a phenomenal speaker.

I am hoping that being more sensitive to its needs will help to prevent this from happening again.
But it’s all good…..
Old 06-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Uhhh….well, my S1 has returned from the mothership again. If you recall, after storing the S1 it failed to power up. Ended up returning it to Bose for fix/repair. It was returned promptly, but not working although the tech indicated everything was in order and the “problem could not be replicated.” But it failed to work in any manner.
So it was returned to Bose again for repair. It came back with the tech report once again indicating that the problem could not be replicated.
While it took longer to discover that it did not need repair this time, it works.
So…now I am perplexed. It would not power up, but needed no repair the first time. Returned it and it still needed no repairs, only this time I must agree. It works.
There are a few possibilities, one of which would be that the S1 needed a road trip to get things in order, or something was missed and not mentioned in the tech letter.
It was broken and now it works. Perhaps that is enough. I really like the S1 and would buy another, but I already have two. Still, it is a phenomenal speaker.

I am hoping that being more sensitive to its needs will help to prevent this from happening again.
But it’s all good…..
I'm still thinking that it may have gone into dormant mode and it took way too many rounds of on/off, on/off, on/off to get it roused back into the living. Mine likes to get a little lazy if it hasn't been powercycled in a while.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 06-02-2022, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Well, if the now $75 indeed includes two-way shipping, then I'd say go for it, if for nothing else, the shipping costs.

I guess that's my way of justifying the cost . In under a year, BOSE really should be covering all costs of repairs, and what needs "refurbished" after 10 months?

But hey, if 75 get you up and running and covers shipping, not bad.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 06-02-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
For less than $300 I got a Jackery 400 portable power station that not only runs any amp I have, but also provides temporary power for phone, computer, tv, etc. during outages. While I do have a battery powered amp (Blackstar Super Fly) I have used on those infrequent occasions when I wanted or needed noise away from outlets, I think the portable power station is a better solution, because it allows you to use any amp you are already comfortable with.
If I was to power a cp8 and a small mixer.A few pedals with this ...How long could I play??
Old 06-02-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:

But it’s all good…..
It's difficult for most companies to get good help these days..This" tech" showed up for work that day...My take is Its a canned answer
And the tech is covering his butt. Glad you got it fixed..hopefully it stays fixed.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

But it’s all good…..
Good news. Glad it finally worked out for you.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification