The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-26-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedbaby View Post
I'm just a weekend warrior, but here is my little setup.

The TC helicon is more of a learning curve than I would have wanted...wish there was an equivalent in something analogue but I'm trying.

Hi Freedbaby,
What’s the pedal between the turner and the Play Acoustic? And what does it do for you?

Also what is that cool pedalboard?
Old 03-11-2021, 05:44 PM

Well, here is the new arrangement.

Of course the fuzz was not working so well the the nylon strings.

But the Moore Blues Mood into the Soul Food seem to be a working combination. Was just playing some Jesse Fuller San Francisco Bay Blues and Elmore Bros. Deep River Blues and was happy with the sound.

The Soul Food seems to take a little edge off the Blues Mood....which is ok. I can turn up either to get more grit as needed.

As for the Fuzz, well the offspring plays a Stratocaster so he can have some fun with it, and if I really want it back I know where to find it.

Last edited by mjh42; 03-11-2021 at 05:49 PM. Reason: photo edit
Old 03-15-2021, 08:32 AM

Well after further practice, research, listening---one more change---hopefully I can move forward with this combo for a while. Somewhere down the line I'll learn more about loopers.

Playing a Godin multitac pick up I wanted a bit of edge that the Soul Food gives, I like the tone. The Blues Mood is just for loud fun. I also want a cleaner acoustic sound, the AC 3 helps there. But with the AC 3 one is limited to one effect in the middle at a time, hence the Echo Delay and the MXR Reverb. The Holy Grail reverb that I had was ho hum. I looked on line at the local Guitar Center and they had a solo Soul Food pedal and the MXR in stock to I boxed up the Turnip Greens and already boxed Ibanez mini Fuzz and went in and traded them and some cash on the other two. Plugged everything together and YES--- I can work with this. Not sure the Blues Mood will stick around, would like to try a Fender Smolder Overdrive someday as well as other affects but also want to keep the board size as is...ITS GOOD FOR NOW>

Last edited by mjh42; 03-15-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: photo edit
Old 03-15-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh42 View Post

Well after further practice, research, listening---one more change---hopefully I can move forward with this combo for a while. Somewhere down the line I'll learn more about loopers.

Playing a Godin multitac pick up I wanted a bit of edge that the Soul Food gives, I like the tone. The Blues Mood is just for loud fun. I also want a cleaner acoustic sound, the AC 3 helps there. But with the AC 3 one is limited to one effect in the middle at a time, hence the Echo Delay and the MXR Reverb. The Holy Grail reverb that I had was ho hum. I looked on line at the local Guitar Center and they had a solo Soul Food pedal and the MXR in stock to I boxed up the Turnip Greens and already boxed Ibanez mini Fuzz and went in and traded them and some cash on the other two. Plugged everything together and YES--- I can work with this. Not sure the Blues Mood will stick around, would like to try a Fender Smolder Overdrive someday as well as other affects but also want to keep the board size as is...ITS GOOD FOR NOW>
This is pretty rad. I love my AC3 as well.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 03-19-2021, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Smile None for me...

None for me thanks! I just plug my John Kinnaird Customs with K&K direct into my PA, if I even use one. I do use a Mogami Gold cable... guess that does not count. I also honk harps in the rack and foot stomp a good portion of the time.
Retro one man band...

But when I gig, which used to be 15-20 or more times a month, I was usually playing solo at Senior and Healthcare facilities .

You kids have fun with all that new fangled electric stuff... hahahaha

Play on and do have fun

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 03-20-2021, 06:02 AM

I would so love to have
a battery setup for mine.
but i use a felix and it needs
120. and the hx stomp has
some power requirements
as well. Mine is compact
but still needs to plug in.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:32 AM
Charter Member

I’m a lifelong adherent to the KISS Principle, and I play folk and folk-influenced Country/Americana in a four-piece, so no fancy FX for me, just the infrequently-used Chorus...

K&K>Source Audio Programmable EQ>Boss CE-5 Chorus>Orchid Muting DI. The TC PolyTune 2 runs off the Orchid’s ‘Tuner’ output, and everything powered by the T-Rex Fuel-Tank Jr. The board is a PedalTrain Mini.

6868228E-F699-4FF0-96FC-DBDD8DB91240.jpg

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 03-21-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedbaby View Post
I'm just a weekend warrior, but here is my little setup.

The TC helicon is more of a learning curve than I would have wanted...wish there was an equivalent in something analogue but I'm trying.

This looks great. I love the simplicity. I really want to try the Play Acoustic since one pedal for vocal effects and guitar tone improvement seems ideal for me. Boss has a similar pedal and I’m not sure which one is better or simpler to use. I’m afraid that I will be disappointed in the vocal effects. I need to start a thread.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I've been playing around with a bunch of pedals and think I've found a really nice, workable solution for me. Board is a tourtech with built in rechargeable power supply. Between this and my Bose S1 Pro, I can go play a gig in the middle of the desert if I want to! I'm really happy with everything, except I'll probably swap out the reverb at some point.

The sunnaudio preamp is being run dual mono. Both guitars will have a separate channel with EQ to get them to match a little better. It's a very handy little box.

Obviously it's not wired up and stuck down yet, and I don't sing so there is nothing for a mic in there.

If you are so inclined, it would be fun to see you guys boards too! Post a pic!
I'd be curious to hear what you think of the EQD Dispatch Master in an "acoustic" context - I have found myself playing around with a lot of different delays and reverbs, but alway end up selling them again - not sure if it's just not for me, or if I just haven't found the right match and implementation... so, I would love to hear your take on it!
Old 03-24-2021, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom PC View Post
I'd be curious to hear what you think of the EQD Dispatch Master in an "acoustic" context - I have found myself playing around with a lot of different delays and reverbs, but alway end up selling them again - not sure if it's just not for me, or if I just haven't found the right match and implementation... so, I would love to hear your take on it!
Sorry to say, but it's the one pedal that isn't going to stay. I love the simplicity of it but it's preset to about 3 seconds of decay with no way to adjust it and no predealay control. That's fine for slower stuff with a lot of space, but uptempo stuff seems to get a bit more washed out than I'd prefer.

The one I'd like to get is the new UA Audio Golden Reverberator. I always loved the sound of a lexicon 224, and UA makes great stuff. I just don't know if I can justify spending that much on a pedal.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:00 AM

Thank you for the very informative and specific reply - I am not sure what that would translate to in my use case, but what it tells me is that I would definitely need to try before buying.

Much appreciated - thanks!
Old 03-24-2021, 11:50 AM

Old 03-24-2021, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmarkson View Post
That's great, I've been thinking of putting together something simple like this.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:54 AM

Recently added the Voiceprint DI and am loving it

IMG_3731.jpg

Drew
Old 03-25-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
That's great, I've been thinking of putting together something simple like this.
I've tried other pedals and a more complex setup, but nothing has sounded better as consistently as this simple rig does.

I am liking the VPDI. I could see it replacing the Aura, but I am waiting for a few things to be tweaked before I would commit to replacing the Aura on the board.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification