The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-15-2018, 10:12 AM

Default Rosewood lattice braced classical

EIR body, Lutz spruce top, Sipo neck, Ebony FB. Modified spruce lattice brace top. No carbon fibre/epoxy overlay or underlay. Rosewood rosette and Humphries style EIR bridge. Side port.
The neck has a slightly raised FB and an adjustable neck accessed by a discreet hole in the heel, using an allen wrench. The action can be raised or lowered in seconds requiring re tuning. Gotoh tuners and a hardshell case.
Full sound and bright trebles. Russ Parker

Last edited by RGPGuitars; 04-16-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:19 AM

That's a handsome guitar. I rarely say this on AGF but can you make the pictures bigger? Also curious how the adjustable neck works.

TK
Old 04-15-2018, 10:51 AM

Default Adjustable neck

The neck fits into a pocket the size of the heel. There is a securing connector bolt through the neck block from the inside into a brass threaded insert in the neck heel. The hole in the lower heel from the outside goes through a brass insert sleeve in the heel using an Allen head bolt. That insert is so the bolt head pushes against brass, not wood. The bolt goes into another brass insert nut in the neck block.
By tightening the Allen head bolt, the action goes down, by loosening it, the action goes up. Takes longer to find the Allen wrench in my shop than to adjust the action. Lol.
That means you can play classical or flamenco on the guitar, adjusting the action as required.
An added plus is that you won't have the neck pulling up with a glued down finger board, as the FB extension floats above the sound board. It also means that the neck is easily removed if ever needed. It takes longer to remove the strings than to unbolt the neck.
Some people will tell you that you have to have a Spanish foot style neck for sound production. That has not been my experience.
My best sounding guitars have an adjustable neck and lattice braced tops, both nylon and steel strings.
Thanks for the interest and the kind words. This guitar is for sale for $3000 Cdn.
Russ Parker
Old 04-15-2018, 10:54 AM

Default Pic size

I'm new to posting on the forum, and it took a few tries to get them down from huge to what you see. I'll see what I can do in a while.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

That's a handsome looking instrument ... and with some very nice features too! Looks like a matte finish on the neck and gloss on the body. What kind of finish are you using?
Old 04-15-2018, 04:36 PM

Default Finish

Hi Dave
The body is Trueoil gunstock oil. Not as gloss as nitro or French polish, but thin and hard. The neck is Osmo PolyX hard oil wax. Not sure what experience others have had with it, but it is easy to apply, and feels smooth as silk. Never felt anything quite like it. Have used it on entire guitars. If you want low gloss finish it is a good choice I think. Also, non toxic, food contact safe .lol
Old 04-16-2018, 01:40 PM
Music soothes the soul!

If you have a tool that allows it, 1000 pixels wide is good for photos on the forum.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:31 PM

Default Pixels

Thanks Cigarfan. If I click on large thumbnail in Imgur, a decent size pic comes up, like the larger one in the post. I'm not very computer savvy, and pixels are beyond me I'm afraid. Lol
Old 04-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

Do you have any shots of this one going together Russ ... top strutting etc?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:55 PM

Default Build pics

Hey Dave. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking about the AGF and build diaries at the time. I am now though. All future builds will be documented with pics. Russ Parker
Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Hey Russ ... did you notice any difference with those multiple side ports as opposed to one larger side port?
Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 AM

Default Side ports

Hi Dave. You were right. The segmented side ports are not quite as effective as one port. The difference isn't huge. A little less volume, and not as bright in the clarity of the notes that the player hears. I may open it up to a main port with the 2 small holes left as is. I'm thinkin' on it, LOL. Russ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop