The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Default The Loar LH-600

Well, with not only the allowance but the urging of my wonderful wife, I purchased one of these babies online yesterday...

I'll post a review when it gets here, but in the meantime, i'd love to hear from any other happy loar owners, and bring on those pics.

My hope is that even if it has a few setup issues I can handle that stuff myself and have a real player...

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 12-24-2011, 01:30 PM

Looking forward to hearing it dude. I know you've wanted one for a long time. And you know you're welcome at my house anytime you need to A/B with an L-5.

Circle 'Round the Sun
Old 12-24-2011, 01:51 PM

I've seen that L5. About as good as it gets, imho...someday I might own a guitar like that...maybe in 18 years

Yeah, I've wanted a dedicated acoustic archie for a while...I was worried about the loars, as for every glowing review I saw one that was sketchy...but I thought it might be time to take the risk...should be here later this week...I'm pumped

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 12-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Congratulations - get some pics up when it comes in!

Btw Jeff, checked out your website the other day. Like your lesson style very much.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
Well, with not only the allowance but the urging of my wonderful wife, I purchased one of these babies online yesterday...

I'll post a review when it gets here, but in the meantime, i'd love to hear from any other happy loar owners, and bring on those pics.

My hope is that even if it has a few setup issues I can handle that stuff myself and have a real player...
Jeff, would love to hear your thoughts on it. And yes - it sounds like you do have a wonderful wife!
Old 12-24-2011, 04:43 PM
AGF Administrator

Very cool. I wish my wife would urge me to buy a guitar.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

I own two "The Loar" mandolins, they are both wonderful players, sound great and have some nice sunbursts too

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion