The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-16-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor View Post
Not sure why someone would feel the need to be derisive about Martin’s lower-priced guitars. For a lot of folks, just owning a Martin of any kind is an aspirational purchase, regardless of what neck joint or fretboard material is used, or what factory it’s made in.
I didn't read that.
Sounded like a statement of preference to me. Anyway, when a company with an elevated reputation and certain expectations in products has a change in price point strategy towards more competitive products, it will tend to generate some negativity among some of the loyalists.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 01-16-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor View Post
Not sure why someone would feel the need to be derisive about Martin’s lower-priced guitars. For a lot of folks, just owning a Martin of any kind is an aspirational purchase, regardless of what neck joint or fretboard material is used, or what factory it’s made in.
Lower-end Martins are still my preference over most other brands of guitars. Almost anyone will tell you that even Martin's HPL guitars (even Ed Sheeran) are great guitars for under $500.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion