The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-12-2022, 06:11 AM

Default Unknown guitar

Hi,
I got myself a new old guitar. I would like to learn little bit about it. My searches so far yielded nothing. I would like to know approximate age and material it was made of. It is the loudest of all of my guitars, a real boomstick, although I only played it for under a minute before loosening the strings, as the guitar has suffered enough.

I am asking to see if you think it is worth the major repairs it desperately needs.

The guitar is made of relatively few pieces. Neck and head are made of a single piece of wood. So is the back.

The tuners are sealed.

The bridge is similar to my Walthari Mittenland from cca 1927, and to a Rodriguez guitar from 1917 I Googled.

It looks to be made of some exotic wood. It smells sweet inside, relatively strong smell, sort of like a flower bed. The whole guitar appears to be made of identical material except for the spruce top and ebony nut. The wood is tan to reddish in color, uneven.

Plastic was used in the rosette and lining, and even the position markers are made of plastic, as if it was something awesome to use.

The neck is of D cross section. The guitar is something in between the classical and parlor in size. No markings.

I estimate it must be pre-WW2 made as the guitar must have been quite wasteful to make, and the materials appear to be exotic. I live in a country that became communist past WW2, and it doesn't appear it came after the revolution of 89. It had multiple owners, underwent horrible reconstructions, and cost me $30, so it definitely isn't recent.

Album in case pics won't show

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical