The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-15-2022, 07:03 AM

Default Robert Johnson Me and the devil... amazing fun

back at it... lol... this time im gong after me and the devil ... it sounds pretty straight forward but its deceptive, ? A D7 E D7 but seems like the trick to it is partial chords and that cool descending run D7 shape to A,, that progression has such age to it.. amazing... and the turn around but i have no idea what chord that is he ends with but it resolves with an E7.. well great fun.. but tricky

Scuzzo
https://soundclick.com/Scuzzo

Electric Cowbell Project
https://soundclick.com/r/bkpli

Sorry,, it's a bit hacky, and it's all electric, new to the acoustic thing.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzo View Post
back at it... lol... this time im gong after me and the devil ... it sounds pretty straight forward but its deceptive, ? A D7 E D7 but seems like the trick to it is partial chords and that cool descending run D7 shape to A,, that progression has such age to it.. amazing... and the turn around but i have no idea what chord that is he ends with but it resolves with an E7.. well great fun.. but tricky
Well, the last chord is A7.
Before the E7 it's just his usual descending run: G-F#-F-E down the 4th string with the A on top, as well as the A on 3rd string. He just drags it out a bit longer for the ending.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
Well, the last chord is A7.
Before the E7 it's just his usual descending run: G-F#-F-E down the 4th string with the A on top, as well as the A on 3rd string. He just drags it out a bit longer for the ending.
Lol, yea I got to looking at it, but there are some many variations on it.. I even came up with a cool one where the d chord is right next to the E7 in fifth position.. that d form one.. now I got the bones of it,, I'm moving on to hell hounds.. I would take a run if I had possession but no slide yet.. lol

Scuzzo
https://soundclick.com/Scuzzo

Electric Cowbell Project
https://soundclick.com/r/bkpli

Sorry,, it's a bit hacky, and it's all electric, new to the acoustic thing.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzo View Post
Lol, yea I got to looking at it, but there are some many variations on it.. I even came up with a cool one where the d chord is right next to the E7 in fifth position.. that d form one.. now I got the bones of it,, I'm moving on to hell hounds.. I would take a run if I had possession but no slide yet.. lol
I like his A7 right up in 7th position, and the little chromatic shift... I mean, among a ton of other things, obviously .
Old 11-15-2022, 11:59 AM

Here's how I do it. Definitely not "traditional"
l."
Old 11-16-2022, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

I change where I play that step down depending on, whatever.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write