The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 09:08 AM

Default FS: PRESTON THOMPSON OM/MAD ADI

Sold pending 72 hour playing approval period.

RELISTING, I made the mistake of playing it again a few times and it sounded so good I took it down had a few potential buyers but backed out, but I really need to move on. Link below for pics.

https://reverb.com/item/34600235-pre...-2018-sunburst

Going to give a really good AGF ONLY PRICE. $5000 paypal f&f plus you pay for shipping and fees if not sending money f&f. This guitar will never show up again at this price. no trades of any kind.

Reluctantly listing this, but I have come to terms with myself I am a dreadnought guy at heart. With saying that this is by far the nicest acoustic I have ever owned, and I will be sad to pass it on but I hope the next owner will enjoy it for years to come.

Commissioned in 2018 one of the last Thompson Guitars Preston himself had a hand in, this one is very special, burst Adi top, Madagascar Rosewood back and sides. Professionally installed k&k trinity mini pro pickup system ($300 pickup). Excellent to Very Good condition depending how picky you are, one minor chip on the inside of the soundhole unnoticeable from the outside, two very minor dings on the volute back of the headstock, two very light impressions on the neck (all of which could easily be taken care of by a luthier if having a "mint" guitar is a concern for you), and a small impression on the top think tip of a pen not able to be photographed, besides that she's perfect.

This build cost $8,300 not including the $300 pickup we are talking after tax a 9k guitar, and currently Thompson guitars is about a 13 month wait time to have one custom built, unless you happen to stumble across a dealer one. Which I can guarantee won't be as special as this one, and not this great of a deal.

Price firm no offers. Comes with awesome Harptone case.

Last edited by timothylweaver; 07-19-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:53 AM

Bump to the top

How about $5000 shipped and insured CONUS this is seriously a steal everyone! If you need an OM you will not find a better one.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:38 PM

SOLD but pending a 72 hour approval period, leave thread open for 3 days.

Thanks everyone
Old 07-19-2020, 12:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothylweaver View Post
SOLD but pending a 72 hour approval period, leave thread open for 3 days.
That's not really fair to all the others who are selling and don't have a pending sale. If it doesn't go through, just drop any moderator a note and we'll reopen it and bump it for you. Thanks for your understanding and congratulations.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars