The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-05-2019, 01:58 PM

I've been using the Maui 11 G2 for a couple of years now. I continue to get compliments on my guitar sound and believe the Maui is a big part of it. I do use an LR Baggs Venue into it (signal chain listed in my signature), but the tone I get is so much better than when I plug that same pedal into other systems I've tried. There is something about the Maui that just delivers a fantastic acoustic tone. I think the sub with three X 6 1/2" speakers is part of it. It gives you a nice tight punchy low end.

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 06-07-2020, 09:56 PM

I'm interested in the Maui 11G2 and was hoping for feedback from some owners. I am looking for a self-powered system that can be used routinely in a relatively small space... but that will offer me some more power for larger venues, or outdoors when needed. But... it just can't be too much for using at home, which is a room that is about 14 ft x 12 ft.

Is the Maui 11G2 still going to sound OK if it's turned down enough to use when the array is maybe 10 feet from you?

The reviews I have read also mentioned it has some background hiss--though no one here has complained about it. Again, I wonder if that trait might be objectionable at lower volume in a smaller space.

I could get something smaller like the Maui 5, but I am happy to spend a little more if it means more flexibility. I also like the idea of using a pair of 11s for outdoor movie nights in stereo, and it supports stereo more easily than the Maui 5.

I just don't want to end up with something that is TOO MUCH for the indoor rec room space where it will spend most of its time.

Thanks a bunch for any feedback you may have!
Old 03-16-2023, 09:53 AM

Default MAUI 11 G2 shorty

These speakers sound great!
Unfortunately the speaker colomn can only be positioned on the spacer colomn that is 62 cm in length. For smaller rooms like my home studio the mid/high speaker are located too high to get a good sound image.

Because of the spacer column being MALE on both sides I had to build a short spacer-unit using male multipin adapters (M G2 IK 1). It works fine and it still sounds excellent.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:01 AM

I have the battery Maui5 Go. I'm surprised it doesn't get more Love on this site? Good power/bass, high end a little rolled off. Not your typical crisp clean EV, JBL, or QSC sound.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:39 PM

Still using mine every week and loving it. We play about 6-8 gigs per month and I’ve had mine about 6 years now. Still sounds great. I’m also surprised it isn’t talked s out more here. For vocals and acoustic guitar it really shines.

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification