The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 PM

Arrow McPherson 3.5 EIR/ENG w/Pickup (2008)

NEW & FINAL PRICE: $4,000 - I'd like this to go to an AGF member, but I can't drop the price any more than this.

Hey guys, this MINT guitar is for sale. Why overpay for new when you can get this right here on AGF for over a thousand less?

Absolutely the best sounding guitar I've ever played, let alone owned, and in the last 4 years I'd have to say I've played it about 25 times - please, someone do this guitar justice! I'm going to be the first to admit, I don't play it because I'm afraid to get a ding…even a slight one. I can't do it. Maybe you've got the guts? With that being said, this guitar is dead mint, no disappointments. In fact, I haven't even filled out the warranty card! It just sits in its cozy little Ameritage case in a climate controlled room (that would be a bedroom, btw).

Do I need to say I've never, not even once, taken it out of my house beyond the drive home from the guitar store? No back deck jam sessions, no smoky bars, no bar mitzvahs…nada. In fact, I've never even let someone else touch it. Sorry, you can play the K14.

Anyway, on to the guitar. You can go through one of my older posts (December of last year I believe) where I responded to a thread related to this brand. In that response I explain where I picked it up, and why I chose that guitar. It's not just about the money, people. I absolutely could have dropped $8k+ on the more exotic builds at the shop (there were at least 8 McPherson's on the wall!) - but I chose the best sounding (to me) guitar, over the Collings I had my heart set on.

This guitar absolutely is NOT for everyone. If you drop it, you'll cry. The first scratch may as well be a door ding on a Ferrari, but the sound is amazing if you're willing to risk your sanity! True, there are way more expensive guitars out there, including from this brand - but you'll just have to trust me on the sheer awesomeness of sound that emanates from this beauty. It like a warm piano with sustain forever. Maybe it's the cantilevered fretboard leaving the soundboard free to resonate. Maybe it's the bracing. Maybe it's the off center sound hole with a weird shape. Maybe it's all of it put together. I don't know, I just know it sounds perfect.

OK, Ok. Enough with trying to make a funny post (they can't all look like eBay ads right?) - here are some poorly taken phone photos. You should be able to see everything that needs to be seen from your computer. I just apologize that you can't hear it.

LABEL by trapp120, on Flickr

front-upright by trapp120, on Flickr

Flat-Bottom-Up by trapp120, on Flickr

back-upright by trapp120, on Flickr

PAYMENT: I've purchased 2 guitars on AGF a few years ago and I paid by wire. It was probably my idea, because not only do I despise the fees PP charges and have heard way too many stories about fund reversals, but wires are quicker for everyone involved as the seller receives the payment and can verify funds to immediately ship the guitar without concern. Besides, I really wanted those guitars YESTERDAY!

Unless you're buying in person (Portland, OR area) and paying cash, a wire transfer is the only method of payment I'm willing to accept. At the moment I'm not advertising this guitar anywhere else. I would much rather this go to an AGF member so I can continually read responses and kick myself for selling it. If you're local, hit me up, you can check it out.

TRADES: I'm not interested in trades of any kind. I not only have enough guitars, but I'm moving more towards music production and my work (and addiction to golf) doesn't really give me as much time to play as I used to have.

Post or PM any questions and I'll reply as soon as reasonably possible.

Thanks!

Last edited by dtrapp; 07-30-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: adjusted price
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 AM

new price BUMP
Old 07-17-2012, 06:36 PM

Default Any pickup?

Is there any pickup on this beauty?

Collings OM2HE-C
K-Yairi YW-600G
Larrivee Parlor
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Absolutely.

mic by trapp120, on Flickr

You can see the pickup in this photo, and in one of the photos of it in the case you can kind of see the end pin for the input.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 PM

bump for thursday night
Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Default is it sold?

I might be interested. Is it still available?
Old 07-21-2012, 03:16 PM

It's still available, yes.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:18 AM

bump for Tuesday!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 AM

Friday - Let's go!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM

New price listed
Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 AM

SOLD!

Thanks Mike.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars