The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-26-2019, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj61 View Post
Fast forward 12 minutes to get to the listening. The Fender to my ears has more of a true acoustic sound. But ultimately, my acoustics with Baggs Anthem PU's sound a lot better as acoustics.(IMO)

The Acoustasonic is super cool and would be fun, but I still hear it as being a jack of all trades / master of none. I.e. a real acoustic is going to sound more natural and a Tele is going to give a better Tele sound.

That said, for all this does in one package ...it is truly remarkable and I applaud Fender for their innovation.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 01-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Love that fretboard! Wow.

Thanks for sharing the pics and the info.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:36 PM

I think they look rather ugly! My Godin has better options than the Fender and cheaper too. Godin has been making them for years
When Henry J got let go from Gibson, did Fender hire him? Just saying!
Old 01-26-2019, 05:26 PM

It looks like a real cool guitar and comes in different finishes. But around $2K? I think I would go with a Godin or an effects unit. You can get just about any sound out of the good ones you want.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
Playing it some more today and really enjoying how it plays and sounds. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.
Sounds great through my system and would be a keeper if the high E wasn't noticeably quieter than the other strings using the UST. Bummer! I'll be calling my Sweetwater sales rep Monday morning, so much for their 55-point inspection (and Fender QA). Since SW is out of stock I guess I'm SOL for a while
Old 01-26-2019, 07:01 PM

Congrats. Very cool guitar. Looks great. I hope it works well for you.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I would like your impression on how this sounds
through a di into a pa.? i know fender says its great.
but every video ive seen its been played through
a straight up electric guitar amp or the acoustasonic
amp. so im curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
I’ll be playing through a PA next weekend. I’ll let you know.
great I would love to hear about your experience..
Old 01-26-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparis51 View Post

Sounds great through my system and would be a keeper if the high E wasn't noticeably quieter than the other strings using the UST. Bummer! I'll be calling my Sweetwater sales rep Monday morning, so much for their 55-point inspection (and Fender QA). Since SW is out of stock I guess I'm SOL for a while
Love to know what they say.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Fender did a great job on a new original design, has a nice vibe to it. Congrats on the new guitar!
Old 01-27-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
Love to know what they say.
I my experience with Sweetwater they will take care of the problem ASAP. I had one strat shipped to me and was damaged on the way. I emailed them with photos. Less than 10min. rep called me from the road in his car, gave me number to call at their HQ. They shipped a new one out that day. Made good on other small problems with other purchase which was minor but they still went out of their way to solve. I have to give them an A+ on price and service.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHS View Post
I my experience with Sweetwater they will take care of the problem ASAP. I had one strat shipped to me and was damaged on the way. I emailed them with photos. Less than 10min. rep called me from the road in his car, gave me number to call at their HQ. They shipped a new one out that day. Made good on other small problems with other purchase which was minor but they still went out of their way to solve. I have to give them an A+ on price and service.
They're an A+ in my book as well and I didn't mean to disparage them, I've been buying from Sweetwater for 20+ years and they've never let me down. My sales rep is great and they are worlds apart from MF/GC. I'm only suffering from NGD letdown, knowing it will take some time to be made right since they're currently out of stock on this guitar.

The good news is that the other 5 strings sound great and I now know the Acoustasonic is going to work for me. I've tried both the Godin A6 and the Taylor T5 and am convinced this new Fender is the best sounding hybrid available.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Having setup the Mexican solid body Acoustisonic I also bought from Sweetwater many years ago, I found paper shims in the neck pocket. I removed them and sanded the saddle to my tastes.

Balancing a UST is a simple do-it-yourself task and not worth the trouble of a return. I would pull the saddle and put paper under the high-E until I liked the balance. For my duo I cover a lot of rock solos on my acoustic and a hot high-E is handy for that application. There are three layers of paper under the saddle between it and the UST in my main guitar. I would do this at the same time you switch to whatever strings you plan to use in the long run. Since I am probably more concerned about the high-E volume than most, I find I have to repeat this procedure when I change string gauges. It seems lighter strings make the problem worse than heavier strings in my experience.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 01-27-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slooky View Post
I think they look rather ugly! My Godin has better options than the Fender and cheaper too. Godin has been making them for years
When Henry J got let go from Gibson, did Fender hire him? Just saying!
Have you done a side by side comparison?
Just sayin'.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 01-27-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
They're an A+ in my book as well and I didn't mean to disparage them, I've been buying from Sweetwater for 20+ years and they've never let me down. My sales rep is great and they are worlds apart from MF/GC. I'm only suffering from NGD letdown, knowing it will take some time to be made right since they're currently out of stock on this guitar.

The good news is that the other 5 strings sound great and I now know the Acoustasonic is going to work for me. I've tried both the Godin A6 and the Taylor T5 and am convinced this new Fender is the best sounding hybrid available.
So sorry, just now reading about the problem you are having. I’m sure I would be just as disappointed as you are. It is surprising that it would pass through QC at Fender and Sweetwater which makes me wonder if it developed afterwards through movement of the wood. I would think it’s a simple fix, although I can understand why you feel no compunction to undertake it. Sweetwater has been fantastic to deal with and they are the best when it comes to service. Hopefully there is a quick resolution to this problem. Ugh, I feel bad for you.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

1-Thing
I look forward to your review.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion