The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-03-2014, 10:17 AM

I do have the classical Fannin. There is no model number inside or outside of this guitar. It is either a C100 or C190. We are in Idaho and this guitar certainly can be sold as it has no sentimental value. Let me know what is worth. I think it could be shipped for around 27.00. Thanks, Thel.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:01 PM

Yes I have a classical Fannin in good condition. Give me some Idea of what it is worth. I can take pictures and send if you want.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 AM

I got one, what I think is a d-57 by looking at photos on-line, for Christmas around 1979. My first "real" guitar. It was purhcased at Clark Music in Annandale, Virginia. It always sounded pretty nice, except for a slight buzzing on the b string and the intonation being considerably off, knocking it out of tune not far up the neck. It was also kind of hard on the fingers to play. (I knew nothing about "setting up" a guitar. It pretty much sat, unused for the better part of 20 years.

Three years ago, I gave it to my son to take to his dorm at college. When he came home for Christmas break, the dorm's heat was turned off completely for 4 weeks. When he got back to school, he found the strings were literally lying on the fret board, making it completely unplayable.

Since it was seemingly ruined, I took the chance to learn how to adjust a truss rod. Holy cow, after a few slow turns, the thing played better than it ever did!

I recently started using it during rehearsals and have been getting great comments about it's sound. I'm actually thinking about having it professionally set up and getting a pickup installed for gigging, at least as a back-up.

It's was mostly for sentimental reasons that I still had it around. Now I like it even more as it really sounds and plays nice, and I don't have to worry about banging around as much as a more expensive acoustic.

Thanks for all the info and history on this guitar.

C

EDIT: just discovered the model number stamped inside where the neck meets the body. It's a D47.

Last edited by Christobal; 01-20-2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Discovered true model #
Old 06-22-2014, 09:22 AM

Default Fannin D27

I just acquired a Fannin D27 serial # 10408. Any info on this guitar would be appreciated. Someone said laminate, but, this one seems to have a bookmatched solid top. I'll be watching. Tbe link to the brochure isn't working. Thanks
Old 02-12-2017, 05:23 PM

Default D37

Folks,

I have a near perfect D37, It has two minor scratches on the finish. I am the original owner. I am trying find out how many of these were produced and the years that the D37 were made and what the value of it might be.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:53 AM

Default Fanning ACOUSTIC guitar

I recently acquired a Fanning D37 ACOUSTIC guitar. I read your posting and firstly would like to say I appreciate the background information. This guitar for its age is in great shape and even with old strings sounded great with a full sound and a lot of sustain. It's a full size dreadnought and your correct the F in the headstock name name looks very much like a Fender F.

I restore guitars and plan on restoring this one. What would u like to know?
Old 08-04-2020, 06:48 PM

Default Jason & Fannon Guitars

Jason - I found a Fannin here in VA. If you wish me to track down any details for you I shall.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:18 AM

Default Fanning D-67 find.. Total Luck and Blessing

So Im up in Pa from NC going through drug treatment after a relapse and suicide run. Decided I need an acoustic to help through my rehab. So I hit a local pawn shop and this Fanning guitar catches my eye in the back wall all dusty. I check it out and it reminded me of my fathers 80’s Yamaha which I love cause of its sound,tone and playability. So I peep the D-67 and realised theres really something different and special about the guitar. It was just the quality and feel of it reminded me of pops Yamaha. So I offer the a $100 on it and he says $120.. ok no problem. After a set of new strings,cleaning and very light set up this guitar is a beast. The tone is awesome and it plays wonderfully.Im in love with it. Its41 yrs old and looks to be about a few yrs old so someone took care of this thing over time. No truss rod adjustment and intonation after new strings was mind blowing to be hanging in that Pawn shop. Its a total diamond in the ruff. It just needed some TLC. I havent stopped playing it in the week dince getting it. I checked its history and was amazed cause this girl is a true survivor and great. LoudLove Keith
Old 10-12-2020, 07:19 PM

I play a Lead Belly song called "Fannin Street" on 12 string guitar.

Did Fannin make a 12 string?

Would be a kick to play Fannin Street on a Fannin guitar.

Just sayin'.

Don
06 Alvarez AJ60S englmn/mpl lam med Jmbo
14 Taylor 818e sitka/rosewood Grand Orchestra
05 Taylor 512ce L10 all mahogany Grand Concert
09 Taylor all walnut Jmbo
16 Taylor 412e-R sitka/rw GC
16 Taylor 458e-R s/rw 12 string GO
21 Epiphone IBG J-200 sitka/maple Jmbo
22 Guild F-1512 s/rw 12 string Jmbo
Old 12-05-2021, 01:28 PM

Reviving old thread. Picked this D-57 up recently, for just a few bucks, with likely original case. All laminate, rosewood b&s. Looks to have been under a bed, under tension, for 43 years. Beautiful condition but a definite neck set needed. I know a great luthier and hoping to get a "rescue" deal. It's got a coolness about it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-21-2023, 04:24 PM

I guess I can't use my name if I ever build guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion