The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL1968 View Post
I recently purchased a Zager ZAD900CE. They are hand made in Lincoln, NE (zagerguitars.com). However, when I received my guitar, it did not say where it was made anywhere on it. There was no "made in ___" info stamped or printed on it anywhere. When I inquired about it, this is what they said:

Hi Clint,
We're just like Martin, Fender, Gibson and all guitar companies in that some of our parts come from the USA and others come from outside of the USA, but what makes us a little different is that my father (the owner of the company) still completes assembly of each guitar personally in our shop in Lincoln Nebraska. This is how we've done it for 50 years and this is why our guitars rate so highly. In answer to your question. Certain laws have changed recently in manufacturing stating unless every single part of your product is made in the USA, you can no longer use the "Made in the USA" logo. A denim company was recently fined several million dollars because even though 99% of their jeans were USA made, they had 1 button that came from China. Rather than risk massive fines companies are now removing the USA logo from their products. Even Martin Guitar Company (the oldest guitar maker in the USA) recently removed the "Made in the USA" label from all their guitars...even their $10,000 guitars. Many of the parts on their guitars are now sourced from all over the world and rather than risk massive fines, like us they removed the USA label.
I think your going to get an education on Zager real quick. Search the forum as well.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:17 PM

Default Road Series made in US

I did talk to Martin and early on in the road series they made several in the US to keep up with the demand. The guitars were very popular when they first came out and still are. They have noe given them a number designation, like the D-12, D-10 and 000-13 and so on. All are part if the road series
Old 07-06-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-in-Ohio View Post
... While at GC I played one of the new Taylor Academy 10e dreadnoughts. What a nice guitar for what it is! Sounded like a dread, and has really nice looks and playability - This would be a GREAT first guitar for someone.
+1

I like the Academe Taylors, but with it's full scale of 25.5" I like Taylor's Big Baby even more.
I have two.

IMO Taylor's entry-level guitars are much better than Martin's.
But I much prefer Martin's high end guitars to Taylor's.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion