The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-23-2020, 09:57 AM

Default Roxane Elfasci plays Debussy’s First Arabesque

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQqEg7Yu-_E

So good. I don’t spend much time listening to “classical” music and even less listening to classical guitar, but... hoo-whee this is some good stuff. She makes it look effortless, and check out some of the crazy contorsions she puts her (little) hands through. The score is available through her website in standard notation and tab.

I used to think women couldn’t play guitar as well as men. I don’t know how that comment is going to go down here, and I don’t really care (with due respect for the forum and its members) for two reasons: In recent years, I’ve seen enough real-life examples to think otherwise, and maybe some of you have had a similar change of opinion and have something to say about it.

Last edited by NormanKliman; 11-01-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:37 PM

Her music is wonderful... one of the most phenomenal guitarists was Ida Presti, posthumously being recognised for her greatness. Women have always been hugely instrumental in the progression of the guitar, but lost to a male-dominated classical guitar world.

Jonny

Last edited by jonnymosco; 10-25-2020 at 04:03 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical