The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-20-2019, 10:10 AM

Default Artist Signature Model Thoughts (ESP)

Hello all,

I have been debating something back and forth and figured I would ask my fellow musicians for their thoughts as I'm sure some of you have had a similar debate with themselves. I am a big Metallica fan and I do have one signature James Hetfield guitar. When it first came out I purchased the LTD Iron Cross. For those who do not know it is a lighter and smaller Les Paul Shape guitar similar to ESP's Eclipse series. I have been debating getting another Hetfield signature. I love the Gibson Explorer body shape, Jame's model is called the Snakebyte, but I have two Gibson Explorers already. He recently released the Vulture which is a custom Flying-V Shape and I do not have a V. I am debating between the LTD version and ESP custom shop version. It is a major price jump from 1,299 to 3,999. Is it worth it for a fan to have essentially a replica of Jame's actual guitar or do you feel paying that much for someone else's guitar i insane?

ESP Version:
https://www.espguitars.com/products/...james-hetfield

LTD Version:
https://www.espguitars.com/products/...james-hetfield

Thanks for reading!

Electric Guitars:
Gibson, Fender, ESP, Schecter, Jackson, PRS
Old 07-20-2019, 10:23 AM

No self debate for me at all. No, I would never buy anything because it has someone's name on it. I exclusively buy what I need, when I need it and when it moves me beyond control.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 414CE Koa View Post
Hello all,

I have been debating something back and forth and figured I would ask my fellow musicians for their thoughts as I'm sure some of you have had a similar debate with themselves. I am a big Metallica fan and I do have one signature James Hetfield guitar. When it first came out I purchased the LTD Iron Cross. For those who do not know it is a lighter and smaller Les Paul Shape guitar similar to ESP's Eclipse series. I have been debating getting another Hetfield signature. I love the Gibson Explorer body shape, Jame's model is called the Snakebyte, but I have two Gibson Explorers already. He recently released the Vulture which is a custom Flying-V Shape and I do not have a V. I am debating between the LTD version and ESP custom shop version. It is a major price jump from 1,299 to 3,999. Is it worth it for a fan to have essentially a replica of Jame's actual guitar or do you feel paying that much for someone else's guitar i insane?

Thanks for reading!
I would not buy a guitar for a signature, but would definitely by a signature guitar for its specific build and components

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars