The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-16-2018, 09:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

Ryan said it already, but I'll second it: thanks all for the kind words.
It somehow feels safer putting a guitar out into the market than it does talking about one's work. There's a sense of vulnerability in all this that is surprising. So your nice reception is really encouraging.
Thanks again,

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 09-17-2018, 04:02 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
This was a real pleasure to watch, very personal and genuine. I hope you get to share it widely and that it brings you additional commissions.
As I think back on my experience with you folks this is exactly how I remember it. All interactions to bring my vision of the perfect instrument together for me. Really nice video guys. Well done!
Old 09-17-2018, 06:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

What an inspiring video to watch. Congratulations Steve, Ryan and Christie for such an honest, heartfelt and professional introduction to Kinnaird Guitars.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:36 AM
AGF Sponsor

Well done, gentlemen...

I’m impressed, to say the least... and the thing that made the biggest impression on me, is the glimpse into your personas. You both present yourselves as very likeable, and good, down-to-earth people. Not that these traits aren’t seen in your regular posts... but more of a validation of the impression, that I’ve built in my mind, from reading your posts over time.

Thank you for sharing,
Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 09-17-2018, 08:34 AM

It's the reason we come back time after time. Their guitars are exceptional, but there are lots of accomplished builders out there. It's the personal interaction they provide during the building process that makes it an amazing experience. I know for me at least, when they finished my last build that there was a touch of sadness in closing that chapter. I honestly enjoy the build process as much as finally receiving the guitar. I have had the good fortune to make several trips to their shop and just like comes across in the video they are two of the nicest most gracious (both with their time and knowledge) humble people that you will ever meet. Fortunately for me they are getting ready to start my next build, it will be a Madi/Redwood 00. I cant wait. Great video guys, it really shows how connected you are to your work and your customers. WELL DONE
Martin J-41
Old 09-17-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveac View Post
Fortunately for me they are getting ready to start my next build, it will be a Madi/Redwood 00. I cant wait.
Another redwood - you guys are on a roll! These are going to need their own special page on your website.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

Very very nice ... you both come across very committed, which of course you are. Well done!
Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveac View Post
It's the reason we come back time after time. Their guitars are exceptional, but there are lots of accomplished builders out there. It's the personal interaction they provide during the building process that makes it an amazing experience. I know for me at least, when they finished my last build that there was a touch of sadness in closing that chapter. I honestly enjoy the build process as much as finally receiving the guitar. I have had the good fortune to make several trips to their shop and just like comes across in the video they are two of the nicest most gracious (both with their time and knowledge) humble people that you will ever meet. Fortunately for me they are getting ready to start my next build, it will be a Madi/Redwood 00. I cant wait. Great video guys, it really shows how connected you are to your work and your customers. WELL DONE

This is exactly how they seem to me. I see you have a deep body OM...that would probably be my choice, if finances and space allow at any point. I might consider a maple guitar...something to dream about, I guess.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Charter Member

What a beautiful intro to Kinnaird guitars. Class!

Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Authentic Aged 1937
Fairbanks F20
Rainsong CO-OM1100NST
Martin 2008 000-18 Golden Era
Old 09-18-2018, 10:27 AM
AGF Sponsor

Many thanks everyone for all the very nice words. Like Steve said, it’s one thing to talk shop with someone (which we love to do anytime), but it’s another thing to have your ramblings set on video for everyone to see. Thanks as always AGF for your support.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 09-18-2018, 10:28 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
Very very nice ... you both come across very committed, which of course you are. Well done!
Thanks David! Steve is always telling me that a commitment is in my future, but I’ll let him know that he and I are actually already committed here.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop