The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-12-2019, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the write up Treenewt.
I'm in the market for a new Martin. Me and my buddy were just talking the other day that we need to take a trip to Nashville.
Gruhn was the main reason for us going.

They are about 350 up the road but I think it will be worth it.

I don't know if I will have the self control to go in there.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxo View Post
Sounds great! It’s a little dream of mine to go to Nashville and play the open mics, also maybe come away with a great guitar. I like to think my music might be a little bit different being Scottish but hopefully would go down well.
Live that dream! You’d certainly be welcome! Most folks even here in the States just don’t realize how eclectic and diverse the music scene is in the city. Just bring your A-game because the average non-tourist patron knows and appreciates good music regardless of genre. So many recording artists And players per capita. Lots of insane new cuisine spots and music venues. But hanging on Broadway is akin to London expensive, but that’s the tourism economy. Get away towards the new Opry, into the neighborhoods, and exploding suburbs. So much to see. Visiting family there in a week or so myself, and its never enough time!
Old 12-12-2019, 08:23 AM

What i like about Gruhn's is they have multiple guitars of any Martin Model. I can play and pick the one that sounds the best to my ear.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennm View Post
Live that dream! You’d certainly be welcome! Most folks even here in the States just don’t realize how eclectic and diverse the music scene is in the city. Just bring your A-game because the average non-tourist patron knows and appreciates good music regardless of genre. So many recording artists And players per capita. Lots of insane new cuisine spots and music venues. But hanging on Broadway is akin to London expensive, but that’s the tourism economy. Get away towards the new Opry, into the neighborhoods, and exploding suburbs. So much to see. Visiting family there in a week or so myself, and its never enough time!
It’s definitely on the agenda. I’d love to do a general music tour of the States on my own for about a month and play wherever possible. Lack of money the only issue, I spent a fortune going to Japan this year.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxo View Post
Sounds great! It’s a little dream of mine to go to Nashville and play the open mics, also maybe come away with a great guitar. I like to think my music might be a little bit different being Scottish but hopefully would go down well.
It probably would especially because it's different.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion