The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-10-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
I've owned 2 different Loar LH250's and both left me unimpressed. I won't buy another one.
Thanks Tom! I do really appreciate your insight about the LH250s because I was seriously consider to buy it online if did not find anything interesting the first days of my stay. I found an offer online for less than 350$ new & posted in the US, but having your view seems that I can put that option aside
Old 09-10-2019, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadfulnaught View Post
Used Recording King or one of the Godin brands, both excellent value. I love my Voyage-Air VAOM-06 and would recommend one over RK or Godin, but it’s a bit out of your specified price range.
Thanks Dreadfulnaught! I haven't hear about that VAOM-06 before, curious guitar indeed, but as you said first, RK and the Godin family are safe value options, let's see what I'll discover
Old 10-16-2019, 03:52 PM

I am back from my trip, so, there is an update to share with you.

After reading reviews, planning possible options and trying many guitars in the range, I just went to a nice store in Nashville (Corner Music, absolutely great guys) and she found me.

LCSTAGG was right. Eastman ACTG2E-OV was the one.

Even not being in my top of mind at the beginning, it was the one putting me a smile on my face.

Great little guitar: all solid, ebony fretboard and bridge, Fishman Matrix equipped, tortoise binding... and killer tone! This thing sounds very good.

I have to find a pickguard as it was not included, and I saw this model with a nice tortoise one (https://www.tfoa.eu/en/eastman-actg2...specifications), but really happy with the acquisition.

Thank you very much for all your kind recommendations and wisdom.

Last edited by The wolf tone; 10-16-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:09 AM

Wolf, the pickguard on the guitar that’s on the website you linked us to appears to be a standard OM pickguard. Check around online and you should be able to find one available for purchase easily enough.

Or you can do what I did once when I was unable to find a pickguard sized for a Martin Triple O: I just started a thread here and asked “Does anyone have a Tor-Tis Triple O pickguard they’re not going to use?”

Within half an hour someone said they could help me, because he’d bought one to put on a guitar that he ended up selling instead. Bless his heart.

So that solved my problem, and doing the same might solve yours. Lots of us have got parts for these instruments that we don’t have any immediate use for. I actually have a couple of nice pickguards that I’m saving for the day I might need them. But neither of them is for an OM, unfortunately. If one was I’d offer it to you.

So check around, see what you can find.

Hope this helps.

Wade Hampton Miller

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion