The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Last night I picked up Toto's 35th Anniversary Tour - Live in Poland dual CD set, $14.11 new on eBay. I've got the BluRay and wanted the music to rip into my players.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 12-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
My reason for paying the PT yearly fee for me has to do with moving to using MacOS several years ago. Apple will eventually force me to move to a newer MacOS than my perpetual license version worked with (Apple already has during my history with PT and MacOS). The other option is letting the yearly drop and then paying the higher "reinstatement" fee when one needs to run a new MacOS. I tried that tactic for awhile and I'm not sure if I came out ahead or not (I think I did, but as the broker says , past performance does not guarantee future yields).
Effective 1/1/2010, Pro Tools reinstatements will be history for perpetual licenses. If you fall out of the annual support/maintenance regime, and you want the (then) current version, you have to buy Pro Tools as if you were a first time purchaser, although you can continue to use the version you already have without any updating rights.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
Effective 1/1/2010, Pro Tools reinstatements will be history for perpetual licenses. If you fall out of the annual support/maintenance regime, and you want the (then) current version, you have to buy Pro Tools as if you were a first time purchaser, although you can continue to use the version you already have without any updating rights.
I think the goal is to push people onto the monthly subscription plan.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 12-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
I hadn't seen that. I no longer keep up with this subject like I had to when I was involved in supporting a group of others using Pro Tools. Well, that's unfortunate for those trying to minimize costs of ownership.

Thanks for the tip off. Looks like I made the "right" choice even with less information.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 12-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
I hadn't seen that. I no longer keep up with this subject like I had to when I was involved in supporting a group of others using Pro Tools. Well, that's unfortunate for those trying to minimize costs of ownership.

Thanks for the tip off. Looks like I made the "right" choice even with less information.
Just make sure to stay on top of it, because if it lapses, as sdelsolray said, they're not going to let you re-up.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 12-07-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock School Of Music View Post
Front End Audio had a 15% off sale so I picked up an AEA R84 ribbon mic
Same here. I did some test recordings yesterday w my baritone and pre, no issues - my preamp has enough clean gain for it. I’ve done only a couple of tests but I’m loving it so far.

I decided that 2019 was my year to get back into recording (took several years off) so I bought new or upgraded a lot of my plugins - new FabFilter EQ, Liquid Sonics verb, sold my hardware version and bought software version of Kush Clariphonic, and a few others. Liking what I’m hearing now just in the first tests. Takes a while to learn so many new things though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD