The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-11-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
…I don’t usually respond to my own posts….but….I reckon now the Ducks were hiding the playbook on the offensive and defensive side last week……How do you like them apples Ohio State???!!!….OK…now I’m a believer!….GO DUCKS!…..it’s the final four or bust now baby!..
You were right. A win against Ohio State is worth hiding the playbook the prior week. Lots of rushing yards against Ohio State.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:21 PM

Ohio State fan here but yeah, the Ducks are solid! I've had a feeling OSU was over ranked.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:45 PM

While rankings don't mean much this time of year....No. 10 Iowa Hawkeyes beat No. 9 Iowa State for the sixth straight time.... Wish ISU well the rest of the year though..
Old 09-12-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuker View Post
While rankings don't mean much this time of year....No. 10 Iowa Hawkeyes beat No. 9 Iowa State for the sixth straight time.... Wish ISU well the rest of the year though..
I looked at the stats. Iowa State had twice the yardage but 3 INTs and a lost fumble vs 0 turnovers for Iowa.
Old 09-12-2021, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Great game for Oregon. Maybe it will be the Duck’s year!
Old 09-12-2021, 05:59 PM

Yeah the downside for Iowa is not much offense. That will be a problem.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Also congratulations to the Arkansas and their fan base. Beating Texas is a big win.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Great game for Oregon. Maybe it will be the Duck’s year!

…maybe….the AP poll has the Ducks ranked at number 4 this week….a bit too high in my opinion…but if the Ducks can run the table…(highly unlikely in the PAC 12]…they will get into the playoffs…they have put a lot more muscle and size into their front lines since Mario Cristobal has taken over the program….it’s paying off

….looking ahead….both Stanford and UCLA looked pretty strong and the Ducks have to play both of them….there are very few games you can take lightly in the PAC 12…. But the conference as a whole looks stronger this year….we shall see…
Old 09-13-2021, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
…maybe….the AP poll has the Ducks ranked at number 4 this week….a bit too high in my opinion…but if the Ducks can run the table…(highly unlikely in the PAC 12]…they will get into the playoffs…they have put a lot more muscle and size into their front lines since Mario Cristobal has taken over the program….it’s paying off

….looking ahead….both Stanford and UCLA looked pretty strong and the Ducks have to play both of them….there are very few games you can take lightly in the PAC 12…. But the conference as a whole looks stronger this year….we shall see…

Yes, Stanford looked strong. They certainly roughed up USC.
UCLA looked good against an admittedly struggling LSU program. But they looked to be competitive.
It will be fun to how how the PAC 12 shakes out.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:

Ohio State dropped 6 spots to #9 on the AP's ranking. Ouch, but deservedly so.

Iowa is at #5.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Ohio State dropped 6 spots to #9 on the AP's ranking. Ouch, but deservedly so.

Iowa is at #5.
I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd have dropped more. Losing at home seems like a fairly bad loss. I feel like they didn't drop much because the rest of their schedule is really weak. Can't see anyone else of note on the schedule except Michigan.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:35 PM
AGF Sponsor

I'm a transplanted Buckeye, but became a USC football fan about 20 years ago. My daughter and I both did graduate degrees there.

I was glad to see they fired Clay Helton today. I wish no ill to Clay (and he will walk away with a $10 million buyout), but it was time for a change. I was in grad school there the first year Pete Carroll arrived. It was an exciting time to be a Trojan.

The program has been in disarray for over a decade. IMHO, they need to hire the most expensive, proven coach in football.

Who would you guys recommend?

Scott Memmer
Old 09-13-2021, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
IMHO, they need to hire the most expensive, proven coach in football.
Nick Saban?
Old 09-13-2021, 08:20 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Nick Saban?
Kerbie, I didn't want to breathe the name, but yes, of course. Who else could it be?

However, in my view SoCal is too laid back for someone like Saban. And why would he ever want to leave Alabama? He's been the most successful coach ever in both the pros and college. He already has the best job in sports. I seem him staying with the Tide until he retires.

I have heard that he is also the best recruiter in the game.

USC has been messed up for a decade. Saban is not a young man. But I don't think even HE could fix the mess down there. Stay where you are, Nick. Life is too short.

Memmer
Old 09-14-2021, 05:13 AM

I don’t put much stock in rankings, there is a huge difference between early season upsets and playing a full season of wins. While I am an Iowa fan, I expect both they and Iowa State have solid seasons, yet far from top contenders for a title, in the end.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic