The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 09-22-2019, 07:48 AM
Charter Member

Default Santa Cruz Event @ Down Home Guitars

Cool beans!! I wanted to give a shout out for this excellent event in Frankfort, IL last Friday evening. Richard Hoover of Santa Cruz and Eric Skye were featured speaker and musician gave a free clinic on acoustic guitars which featured a few numbers by Eric that were jaw droppingly good. I've never seen Eric play and I was very impressed with his mostly standard tuning, masterful expressions of pop and jazz numbers. He is one of the most expressive players I've ever seen, unique in his styling and interpretations. I only wish I could have seen him play more. Never a dull moment there!

Also I would be remiss if I did not mention the talk by Richard Hoover, a true statesman and ambassador of the acoustic guitar. This is a not-miss event for anyone who has not listened to this man talk about guitars, the woods, the way they are voiced, and the interesting history which he helped nurture and father.

One more thing, if you get a chance to visit Down Home Guitars, this is a highlight, ridiculously cool place to see a concert and if you get a chance, play some of the unique boutique acoustic guitars available in their showroom. Owner, Steve Haberichter has amassed an most impressive collection of boutique instruments which rivals any acoustic guitar shop I've been too. Most of the builds are from small shops, Collings, Santa Cruz, Huss and Dalton, Bourgeois... but nowhere can you go to see and play guitars from all these companies at once.
Maple Beneteau for sale

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases