The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-21-2017, 09:17 AM

Beautiful guitar, Mischief. It cuts through that noisy environment well, and the cool tube seems to smooth down any piezo brittleness. I'd still be curious to hear it with the BodyRez.

Last edited by guitaniac; 03-21-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Beautiful guitar, Mischief. It cuts through that noisy environment well, and the cool tube seems to smooth down any piezo brittleness. I'd still be curious to hear it with the BodyRez.

It may take a while but next time I play this venue I'll try and remember to use the Play Acoustic pedal. Hopefully it's a noisy crowd like last time and I can post a direct comparison (assuming the stage etc gets set the same.

One thing I can say say for certain. If I'm monitoring through IEM, studio monitors or playing through my own PA (usually a single DBR10) then I hear a vast improvement using the Pedal with the Body Rez on.

TBH for the minimal investment of the stand alone body Rez pedal I would be surprised if it didn't satisfy 95+% of those that tried it.

For giggles I just scoured around trying to find a used one. It does not seem like anyone wants to sell them once they buy em. Also they get high ratings on every site that sells them. I'm not saying it'll be the holy grail but it sure seems to be a tool worth keeping for those that have bought one wether they always use it or not.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
.....................for the minimal investment of the stand alone body Rez pedal I would be surprised if it didn't satisfy 95+% of those that tried it.

For giggles I just scoured around trying to find a used one. It does not seem like anyone wants to sell them once they buy em. Also they get high ratings on every site that sells them. I'm not saying it'll be the holy grail but it sure seems to be a tool worth keeping for those that have bought one wether they always use it or not.
+1...very sweet Tak Mischief! As I posted earlier I like the flava it lends to certain songs I do, it's subtlety sweet! I agree with Mischief, well worth the price, especially for the stand alone version which is what I have. It sounds nice on my Taks as well as the M80 in my D18 too:

Last edited by noledog; 03-21-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:31 AM

Very sweet guitar sound, Eric. Is that just the M80 with the BodyRez? It sounds like you may also be adding some delay or reverb as well.

I deduced from the Guitar World demo that the BodyRez seems to compliment mag pickups well, but I wouldn't have been sure about the M80, since its a hybrid pickup which responds to the guitar top as well as the strings. (Top responsive pickups seem to work poorly with some of the digital boxes.) Its good to learn that the BodyRez seems to compliment the M80 as well as it compliments the Guitar World editor's Black Angel.

Love your vocal skills, BTW. I'm guessing that your guitar sound is only a small part of what appeals to your audiences. On the other hand, I'm sure that every little thing (guitar sound included) helps.

Last edited by guitaniac; 03-22-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Very sweet guitar sound, Eric. Is that just the M80 with the BodyRez? It sounds like you may also be adding some delay or reverb as well.

I deduced from the Guitar World demo that the BodyRez seems to compliment mag pickups well, but I wouldn't have been sure about the M80, since its a hybrid pickup which responds to the guitar top as well as the strings. (Top responsive pickups seem to work poorly with some of the digital boxes.) Its good to learn that the BodyRez seems to compliment the M80 as well as it compliments the Guitar World editor's Black Angel.

Love your vocal skills, BTW. I'm guessing that your guitar sound is only a small part of what appeals to your audiences. On the other hand, I'm sure that every little thing (guitar sound included) helps.
Thank you for the kind props G-niac!

I do use a touch of delay via an MXR Carbon Copy. I prefer delay over reverb, but when I use reverb I use a Neunaber Seraphim for the shimmer effect. Many times tho I just plug n play and bypass my pedal board or just don't even bring it because the Loudbox Performer has a nice onboard delay which I'm using for my vocals too.

The M80 sounds pretty by itself with a hint of archtop flava to it, but again the B-Rez adds a nice depth for certain songs like this one.

Cheers mate and keep us posted on your decision,

eric
Old 03-22-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post

Cheers mate and keep us posted on your decision,

eric
I'm well satisfied with my own rigs, but I've been considering whether or not to recommend the BodyRez to a friend who has a Tak. At this point I don't see any down side, except that he may eventually regret not buying a much more expensive "magic box" like the soon-to-be-released ToneDexter.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:34 PM

Cool BodyRez Iz Cool & T.C. Helicon Firmware Updates

Very nice results I know you are a happy camper to be sure .

I just got a T.C. Helicon Voice Live 3 X with the BodyRez(5) presets .

Last night I sat down and dialed in [THE] sound I was looking for in an acoustic electric nylon .

I'll be doing the same thing for my acoustic electric steel string as well .

Yeah you can get the quack out man , it's cool . Years ago I wanted the Fishman Aural exciter ,
but to me it was over priced for the results you were after . I knew someday some one would kick
their price out the door with a better deal and over all unit .

I just received this unit Tuesday and after checking I realized it's OS was not the most recent current one
offered for download . The download wasn't obvious because there are several T.C. Helicon units
( I mean a lot ) that use the " VoiceSupport " webpage for downloads that cover as I mentioned a lot of
units using the same firmware updates .The download was effortless and successful .

This is the URL :

< http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicesupport-2/ >

This also has the " free presets " made by users that include some really talented recording artists beside those from
T.C. Helicon - all for free .

They provide the a download for their editor free to be able to download the firmware updates .

EZ:

HR

Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification