The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 05:27 PM

Default New martin custom OM-15 from Ted & Helene

at 55 started playing guitar (after playing bass for some time) , got me a Yamaha FG-730s which showed me no mercy but rewarded me as I got better! Now the lack of tone and thinness in upper registers , and the desire for that woody martin tone has led me to this purchase( and a good commission check). Of course all the wisdom from AGF brought me to this. Y'all know your stuff and have had alot of love for LAguitar sales , so here we go! get it on Thursday. hopefully it will get here after i have made some sales , otherwise it will be hard to focus. will post pics . Of course Ted and Helene were awesome , well done.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Awesome people to deal with! Can’t wait to see it.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

I have one of those purchased from a member here at the AGF. It is my absolute favorite guitar, I will not part with it ever. You will love it. Congrats!
Old 03-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

I have one too...love it!
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha AC1M
Yamaha FSX800C
Old 03-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations OP, you are going to love it! I had one of those for 5 years, and it remained in my stable while a variety of other Martins, Gibsons, and Collings came and went. In fact, the one I used to own, which was a particularly good example, is now owned by backdoc who posted above.

Please post a pic or two when you get it!

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4250 shipped
Old 03-07-2018, 01:00 AM
Charter Member

SCORE! Glad you got some warm tone coming your way.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:32 AM

Congratulations on your Martin OM15 custom. I too have one which I purchased from Ted and Helene in 2012 when I lived in L.A. I initially purchased an OM 15 from Ted as a birthday present for my son-in-law in May of that year. His birthday wasn't until August so I played it one too many times and got hooked on the wonderful tone. I called Ted in June and he had four OM 15's in stock and I had the fun of selecting the one for me. I have loved the guitar all these years. (I actually preferred the tone of the guitar we gave to our son-in-law but it would not have been fair to him to pull a "switcharoo" before his birthday! My OM 15 is truly my favorite guitar. I updated it with: a new Tortis pickguard, shaded gloss finish, Waverly butterbean ivoroid tuners and ivory bridge pins. Lastly I attended a Masterclass in 2012 in which I had TE, LJ and Richie Sambora who were performing sign the back of my guitar. I have had the true fortune of knowing Ted and Helene all these years and have bought 5 guitars from them.

2012 Taylor GC-6
2015 Collings 000-2H 12 Fret
2011 Martin OM 15 Custom-Shadeburst
2013 Eastman E10P
2011 Kenny Hill Nylon Crossover
Old 03-07-2018, 07:00 PM

thanks solosdad ! hey did the ivory bridge pins make a difference? they sure did when i switched to Bob Collisi bone pins on the yamaha fg-730
Old 03-08-2018, 09:26 PM

got it today . WOW is all I can say . more to come. didnt get to play much. will post pics soon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion