The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-21-2018, 06:50 AM

I got mine AC1R Tobacco Sunburst (2018 model) few weeks ago after months of researching and trying similar or higher price range models and I didn't regret it.
It looks beautiful, sounds great plugged or unplugged and very comfortable neck/action. I even changed to lighter strings - Martin Phosphor and Silk and it was still pretty loud (or loud enough for my taste and purpose). I didn't try it yet on live/performance situation but I wouldn't expect any problem because this models are famous for good pickups.
Ibanez SA 260 FM
Roland Cube Lite
Zoom G3XN
Bose S1 Pro
Old 06-21-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
I got mine AC1R Tobacco Sunburst (2018 model) few weeks ago after months of researching and trying similar or higher price range models and I didn't regret it.
It looks beautiful, sounds great plugged or unplugged and very comfortable neck/action. I even changed to lighter strings - Martin Phosphor and Silk and it was still pretty loud (or loud enough for my taste and purpose). I didn't try it yet on live/performance situation but I wouldn't expect any problem because this models are famous for good pickups.
Did you try it plugged in yet? I thought the A3 series has the great pickups and the A1 series has a piezo pickup that's not the greatest? I could be wrong.

Do you have any issues with the smaller (1 11/16") nut size? Are you more of a strummer or a fingerstyle player? Glad you are enjoying it! They do sound great. The sparkly sound is always what grabs me with Yamaha's.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=JackB1;5763639]Did you try it plugged in yet? I thought the A3 series has the great pickups and the A1 series has a piezo pickup that's not the greatest? I could be wrong.
/QUOTE]

From what I know, the A3 and up have the better preamp. You can really customize between 2-3 mics and blend their sound. I love it because you dont get that quacky piezo sound.
. So i guess Im just saying that the A1 doesnt have a bad pickup, but it just doesnt have that fantastic mic modelling feature of the upper series.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM

...the AC3R was my first guitar a few years ago (after a very long break), and while I have better (or: more expensive) guitars in the meantime also, I still play the Yamaha regularly. Especially late in the evening with the Soundhole plug (makes it very quiet) when I don't want to annoy my neighbours.

Compared to a big Taylor, build quality is not the same. But I still like the sound, the preamp-pickup-thing is really good, the woods are beautiful.

Mine had a professional setup and has 0.11 Elixirs on it, and has lower action and is easier to play than my Taylors (!!). I would buy this guitar again in a heartbeat if it were stolen.
For me, it has been a perfect guitar to start with, and I have bought and sold many in the last years - but I have always (and will) keep the AC3R.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion