The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-05-2009, 07:13 PM

Default I Did It!!!!...i Have A New Cole Clark!!!

Well guys, today I let go of two Taylors and got a Cole Clark Angel. I tried the Fat Lady and was about to trade. It was the second Fat Lady I played and it wasn't as good as the first. Then while waiting to find out what my trade value was I picked up the Angel and holy moly!!!...it blew me away. It's the best bar none (in my opinion) amplifed acoustic sound there is today. Plus my Angel is blackwood (looks just like rosewood) so it sounds really good acoustically too!!!
The entry level Fat Lady sounded not so good acoustically!!....I'm a happy man.....

Last edited by $ongWriter; 05-06-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: in correct wood on guitar
Old 05-05-2009, 07:23 PM

Nice buy... geeshhh...now you gotta change you signature. Then you are done with the deal. Oops guess you did... silly me!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-06-2009, 01:43 AM

Nice. I couldnt agree more. The Cole Clarks are far better plugged in than setups costing 5 times as much. I just had a Beneteau with the AER pickup system and it wasnt even close plugged in. I had a taylor brazilian with the fishman and it sounded cheap by comparison. There is nothing close. I have wasted thousands of dollars trying to find it. I just bought another Cole Clark.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 AM

playhardandloud, shouldn't you change your signature to reflect the fact that you've got a couple of Cole Clarks? To be honest, I'm thinking of trading my Taylor in for a Cole clark also!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

Way to go Songwriter! I have a Fat Lady and an Angel myself. Congrats on your new Angel. Curious... did you buy yours from the great folks at Notable?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkel12 View Post
Way to go Songwriter! I have a Fat Lady and an Angel myself. Congrats on your new Angel. Curious... did you buy yours from the great folks at Notable?
No, I traded 2 other brand guitars (you know the ones with the 3 buttons) at World Music. I guess I'm in the hole 500 bucks but that pales in comparrison to the money I've spent over the past 6 years trying to find what I have now. The funny thing is gonna be seeing the faces of my friends when they hear my guitar. Most people around here have never heard of Cole Clark. I even talked to a guy in Bowling Green Ky this past week who works in Musicians Friend and he'd never heard of them...I'm predicting he will within the next 2 to 3 years....
Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 AM

Congratulations on your acquisition. If I was to get a Cole Clark guitar, the Angel model would likely be my preference also. Please let us know how it works out for you with the various house systems which you'll be plugging into.

Gary
Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 AM

Default I dont have one right now

I will hopefully be changing it soon. As you can see I have been spending lots of time and money trying to find something that sounds close plugged in. The Northwood AER setup is pretty amazing but without a cole clark to compare side by side I cant say for sure. There is a FL2AC that has a gloss finish on it that I am considering. Ill update for sure. Hey the Bob Brozman reso 400 pa system is a bose killer. Hands down. Oh on the Taylor trade do it if playing live is your thing. The Taylors sound better than the fat ladies unplugged but the angel would probably give it a run. Plug them in and there is no and I mean no comparison. I traded with a forum member one of my fat ladies for his cocobolo 814 with the fishman which in my opinion sounds way better than the expression. he was absolutely blown away. he actually did a video review here on the forum. he has owned a lot of really high end guitars. good luck. i have had great luck with davis wheeler in australia. super fast shipping and when you convert the currency its reasonable. take care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzamundo View Post
playhardandloud, shouldn't you change your signature to reflect the fact that you've got a couple of Cole Clarks? To be honest, I'm thinking of trading my Taylor in for a Cole clark also!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:09 PM

Congratulations on your new Angel.

I'm in love with my Fat Lady and am now saving to add an Angel to the family.

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification