The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-03-2002, 10:37 AM

Doc to Doc.....thanks for the input @ the extension cab. Thanks also, Gordon, for the explanation. Just what I wanted to hear. I was always confused about extension cabinets.

Dan....you'll be getting a call from me soon. But first I must give my daughter away in Seattle next Saturday. I've watched "Father of the Bride" six times now and I still am not sure about this stuff!

Cheers!
Old 08-04-2002, 12:59 AM

Default amps and stuff

Thanks to all for advice. Seems to be consensus on the Ultrasound. However, most of the replies failed to address the issue of channels, or inputs, or whatever is the right way to refer to what you plug in. Like I said, I can imagine inviting a friend, who has a guitar w/no pickup, and I wonder if I could find a good amp that would handle a guitar plugged in, a vocal mic (to be shared if necessary, or two vocal mics), and another mic to externally mic a second guitar. As cool as the Ultrasound sounds, I'd hate to feel like I'm stuck playing alone, unless someone else brought their own amp.

Someone asked about budget. Well, I was originally looking at under $500; I don't know if piecing together a P.A. system, if necessary, pushes the price up..... Thanks again. It certainly is nice to hear of the experience out there, and hopefullly I will benefit from it all.
richard
Old 08-04-2002, 07:04 PM

if you want the best,
try looking into AER acoustic amplifiers.
made in germany, they r expensive, but definately worth the bucks!
Old 08-25-2002, 04:36 PM

I tried every way to get more info on the new ultrasound 200 all I could get was a terribly breif e-mail from ultrasound saying it would be out mid-sept. I probly would have waited or even orderd a 200 if someone would have shown more intrest in my querry but no one did !!! that's why I now have a calf. blonde sitting in my music room !!!!
A man who works with his hands is a laborer. A man who works with his hands and his head is a tradesman. But, man who works with his hands his head and his heart is a professional..... Taylor is a great name for baby boys & girls!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification