The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-24-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkapus View Post
So, just a quick update:

After examination, they're replacing the bridge. I was given the choice of either a full refund, or waiting to see how the repair turns out, which includes the ability to take the guitar back under the 7-day return policy that I had to start with but didn't really have a chance to use -- which is what I'm doing. When the repair is done, I'll see pics and hear some audio (so that if something seems really wrong to me, I can opt out before they spend the money to send it to me); if things look good, they'll send it along and I'll have another chance to spend some time with it before deciding.

The shop was Elderly Instruments; and all in all, I think this has been handled as well as I could hoped for.
Good for you. I hope the dealer keeps the money and you keep the guitar. In short, I hope it all works out.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
The shop was Elderly Instruments
You're in good hands with Elderly. Highly reputable, fair & honest.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Good on Elderly. Nice outcome.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:40 PM

Great news. I think in this case replacing the bridge is the right move. I fixed mine as the customer was local and we thought we’d try the cheaper alternative with the option of replacement if it failed.

Luckily it has held for almost three years.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
So, just a quick update:

After examination, they're replacing the bridge. I was given the choice of either a full refund, or waiting to see how the repair turns out, which includes the ability to take the guitar back under the 7-day return policy that I had to start with but didn't really have a chance to use -- which is what I'm doing. When the repair is done, I'll see pics and hear some audio (so that if something seems really wrong to me, I can opt out before they spend the money to send it to me); if things look good, they'll send it along and I'll have another chance to spend some time with it before deciding.

The shop was Elderly Instruments; and all in all, I think this has been handled as well as I could hoped for.
Great! I hope the repair works and you love and enjoy the guitar for many years!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:44 PM

I've been following this thread and just want to say it seems like the broken bridge is being handled very well on both sides. Hope you get it back to your satisfaction and enjoy it for a long time.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:44 AM

Great that it's working out!!!

As an aside, I always see people looking for the best deal on a guitar. It's almost like it's a matter of pride for some to get a "great deal". These same people often bemoan the higher prices that many of the established dealers get for their instruments. This thread just proves that there's often a good reason to buy from someone reputable. You may pay a few dollars more than if you scoured the web for the lowest possible price but you get the excellent service that a store like Elderly is known for and that's definitely worth something in my mind.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion