The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Default Santa Cruz Bob Brozman Baritone

Up for sale or trade is a 2009 Santa Cruz Bob Brozman Baritone guitar. This guitar plays beautifully, rings like a bell, and is very light weight. A couple of small marks here and there, but overall in very good condition.

The 27" scale length puts it in between a standard long scale and a baritone, which is very nice if a full baritone scale and huge strings are too much for you. I have the guitar strung with D'Addario NB 13.5's at the moment, tuned to D standard. The guitar can also take baritone strings (I'm including a set of Elixir's in the sale) tuned B-B, or any pitch in between. Altered tunings also work fabulously on this guitar.

As far as trades, I'm pretty open. I prefer smaller guitars (anything under a dread) in the traditional mold, and am just interested in trying something new that appeals to me. I'd prefer to trade for a guitar of similar or lesser value, but I can add a little cash for the right deal.

I'm asking $2600 shipped (paypal add 3%) on a straight sale, and I put the trade value at $2800.

Here's what Santa Cruz says about this model:

"Multi-instrumentalist and world music virtuoso Bob Brozman was certainly qualified to design a guitar capable of showcasing a myriad of styles. A collaboration between this esteemed world musician and Richard Hoover resulted in a spectacular baritone guitar that can lend a piano-like presence to slide and open tuning playing styles. The very long (27 inch) scale, 12-fret Mahogany neck allows the guitar to accommodate heavier strings at the lower tensions of open tunings. The highest quality Mahogany back and sides and a rare European Spruce top provide extreme tonal clarity. This unique guitar combines design elements and tone woods for unrivaled volume, tone and sustain. If your set list includes Blues, Hawaiian Slack-Key or open tuning fingerstyles, this guitar is the ticket."

And the specs:

Body Wood Type Mahogany
Back Stripe Zipper
Binding Ivoroid
Top Wood Type European Spruce
Rosette Herringbone
Purfling BB Herringbone Combo
Bracing/Voicing Scalloped/Tapered Tone Bars
Neck Peghead Slotted Square
Peghead Binding I/B/I
Overlay Material Ebony
Headstock Inlay SCGC
Width at Nut 1-7/8″
Neck Shape Round
Fingerboard Side Dots Black
Inlay Long Diamond & Squares
Width at 12th Fret 2-5/16
Binding I/B/I
Scale Length 27″ (12 Frets)
Finish Top Tinted
Back & Sides Clear/Buffed
Neck Clear/Matte
Setup Pickguard None
Tuners/gears Gold Waverly tuners

Here's a video that showcases the sound of this guitar wonderfully. The guitar in the video is the professional model, with Koa back and sides, so the tone is a touch brighter than mine. Nonetheless, it gives a great representation of the core sound of the BBB model.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:11 PM
Charter Member

Private message sent.
2000 Tippin OMT-C (Adi/EIR)
1998 Tippin OMT (Adi/Khaya Mahogany)
2007 Tippin Staccato (Sitka/Mahogany)
2007 Schoenberg (Robert Anderson) 00C
1986 Sergei DeJonge Classical
1995 Taylor LKSM 12-String
2015 National NRP Dlx
Old 10-21-2020, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

What a great guitar, and such a great price! That mahogany is so sweet - just pulled my koa one out to play it and remind myself I don’t need another one - I don’t need another one - I don’t need another one -

Hold on - if I keep saying it, I think I can get it to stick - GLWS!(but it won’t last long) -

I don’t need another one - I don’t need another one - I don’t need another one - I don’t need another one - I don’t need another one -
Old 10-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Charter Member

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars