The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-21-2024, 10:55 AM

Default No Love for Alto Busker?

I'm surprised the new Alto Busker is not getting much interest on this website. At $350 it is $150 less than the Legacy Bose S1 Pro. At 12 lbs it is the lightest out there. 3 lbs lighter than the Bose. Louder than S1Pro, better App, with more features. I think the Alto has a cleaner high end than the S1Pro but Bose has a fuller sound with a wider throw. Anyone can share their experience with acoustic guitar/vocals using the Alto?
Old 01-21-2024, 11:12 AM

A few pages down... from your earlier post.

Alto Busker
Old 01-21-2024, 11:17 AM

Yeah, here and also try TGP. It's gotten praise that I recall.

Edward
Old 01-21-2024, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
I'm surprised the new Alto Busker is not getting much interest on this website. At $350 it is $150 less than the Legacy Bose S1 Pro. At 12 lbs it is the lightest out there. 3 lbs lighter than the Bose. Louder than S1Pro, better App, with more features. I think the Alto has a cleaner high end than the S1Pro but Bose has a fuller sound with a wider throw. Anyone can share their experience with acoustic guitar/vocals using the Alto?
I'd like to hear from anyone who has been using too. I was thinking of getting one as a backup to my Everse 8. I like the features on the Busker.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 01-21-2024, 03:07 PM

I think OP just means not as many AGF users buying/making more posts about this unit. I have thought the same. I’m considering one too. As nice as my Everse 8 is even though it is a lighter speaker in the gigbag with cables it’s still 20+lbs I have to shelp around my shoulder to an open jam that encourages me to temporarily boost the volume for short leads. Would be nice to have something 11.9lbs. I have read a couple bad reviews on amazon, guitar center, thomann..etc about them arriving with defections of sorts(cheaply made/QC’d??). Some more peeps on AGF should get one and be our guinea pig … but seriously, who’s got $350 play money? Do it…..do it
Old 01-21-2024, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpino View Post
I think OP just means not as many AGF users buying/making more posts about this unit. I have thought the same. I’m considering one too. As nice as my Everse 8 is even though it is a lighter speaker in the gigbag with cables it’s still 20+lbs I have to shelp around my shoulder to an open jam that encourages me to temporarily boost the volume for short leads. Would be nice to have something 11.9lbs. I have read a couple bad reviews on amazon, guitar center, thomann..etc about them arriving with defections of sorts(cheaply made/QC’d??). Some more peeps on AGF should get one and be our guinea pig … but seriously, who’s got $350 play money? Do it…..do it
I hear ya jpino, my Everse bag with cables, pedals etc is probably 30 lbs lol. I'm laughing because one of my old speaker cabs was over 35 lbs...and yeah who has $350 play money...

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 01-21-2024, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
I hear ya jpino, my Everse bag with cables, pedals etc is probably 30 lbs lol. I'm laughing because one of my old speaker cabs was over 35 lbs...and yeah who has $350 play money...
Haha, nice! Yeah I’m sure mine is getting towards the 25-35lbs range because sometimes I bring a mic and 2x mic cables, 2x xlr cables, speaker cables, DI, TC BodyRez, looper pedal and TRS cable, strap, tuner, pics…etc - just because one time someone asked hey do you have that!? $350 play money…. I dunno might be me if no one else steps up I’ll put it on the Sweetwater card and pay $15 a month for 24 months for that one lol
Old 01-21-2024, 10:50 PM

I already have 2 Bose S1 Pro Speakers, or I would give them a go.

They came too late to the game for me.

I have an Alto 300 watt powered speaker that I used with my JBL Tower but I sold the JBL and got the Bose.

I still have the Alto though and use it as a monitor at times.
Old 01-23-2024, 09:24 AM

I picked one up last fall. I've been using the Bose S1 quite heavily for 3-4 years and I was searching for something to compliment it during my busking sets (and also give me the option to use stereo effects between the two speakers). The Alto was attractive to me simply because of the size/weight. I already carry too much stuff with me while making my way around the city so the space efficient options always catch my attention. I used it for a couple dozen sets near the end of last year and although it does perform well, it cannot match the volume and low end of the Bose. It is fine for my purposes, but if I had bought it to use as a standalone speaker it probably would not have reached the volumes I like to play at in the touristy parts of town. That being said, I'm quite happy with it in conjunction with the Bose.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification