The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-24-2020, 07:43 PM

Yes, just great stuff! I have lots - old books, then dvd/books, then download/print the TAB at copy place! Plus lots of other books and downloads.

I have been to 'live' teachers a number of times over the years and that has been generally invaluable, but I have taught myself fingerpicking through SGGW material as I could never find a 'live' teacher to suit.

I saw Stefan live a couple of times when he was here and he very generously took the time to speak to my guitar friend and I while we...err...babbled! At on of the gigs, someone yelled out for him to play Railroad Bill and the place erupted in laughter when Stefan asked the poor suffering 'partners' if they wanted to hear it!

BluesKing77.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Franklins

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartb View Post
I have some of Stefan's discs and some of yours El. Good to see you around. And I know you had been playing some of Nick's guitars - hope that's still the case. Outstanding instruments - Franklin Guitars made by Nick Kukich.
Indeed, thanks for the mention. Nick produced the "El McMeen Signature Model OM," quite popular, I understand. I just recorded half of my new recording with my Franklin sig model; the other half with a MacCubbin Braz. OS model.

elmcmeen.com
elmcmeen.bandcamp.com
Old 05-25-2020, 01:18 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
Nice story.

Between Stefan Grossman, Happy Traum and Toby Walker, I have a small fortune in lessons sitting both on the computer and in the cloud. Purchasing the lessons was easy - now if I could only become a better student!
I'm the same. I have a bunch of downloadable lessons that I bought from Grossman, Homespun and Toby Walker. I use the Purple platform, on my pc and smartphone for most of it.

I spent some money recently on "ebooks" with downloadable content also which is convenient. I just print out what I want to work on, or put into GuitarPro and then print. (I use GuitarPro as a learning/training tool for a lot of tunes and if I want to modify the arrangement as well.)

I have more than enough Celtic, "Mountain Guitar" and Blues to last me a quite a while.

Using videos is an excellent learning tool.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmcmeen View Post
Indeed, thanks for the mention. Nick produced the "El McMeen Signature Model OM," quite popular, I understand. I just recorded half of my new recording with my Franklin sig model; the other half with a MacCubbin Braz. OS model.
Good to know. look forward to looking up your newest work!

Stuart

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion