The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Anticipation Junkie

My opinion is based on my Cargo, and store playing of a 7M and 8M. I have not played a Rainsong. Therefore, I can't say which is better. As most Cargo owners report, it is a great instrument from various perspectives. I'm so impressed, I ordered the Cargo's high-gloss big brother, the 7iM-CE (offset soundhole) in tobacco burst. I should have it in a few weeks. If the 7i is "more" of the Cargo, I'll be extremely happy. Based on my Cargo, I can see why those reporting about the 5i/7i in particular are saying it has the clarity/trebles of a Taylor, bass of a Martin, with a piano-like quality to boot. I agree with those who say that CAs aren't too far off the sound and playability of wood guitars (may be attributable to the top bracing that Rainsongs apparently don't have). It's the piano-like quality that gives the distinction. And the sustain of even the Cargo...oh my!.............

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber