The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-10-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Looks like they were right.
LoL! Yeah, much better game than I expected. Heinicke did an amazing job. Hope he gets to stick around for the next few years, he's earned it.

Seahawks sure picked a bad day to have a flat game...

Bottom line, my two teams are out. Bummer. I've got no dog in this hunt moving forward. Good luck to everybody left standing!
Old 01-10-2021, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

The Seahawks really stunk the joint up...credit the Rams....they were ready with a solid game plan that they executed very well....

...with no dog in the fight anymore I’ll get behind the Bills....they were tested yesterday by old man Rivers and eked out the win....hopefully that scare will set them up for a championship run....
Old 01-10-2021, 08:24 AM

I enjoyed all the games yesterday, looking forward to today's contests. Nice to see the Bills get that win, they earned it.

Who will travel to Green Bay to be punished in the cold?

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 01-10-2021, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spivey View Post
Who will travel to Green Bay to be punished in the cold?
...unless the Bears pull a rabbit out of their hat I reckon it wii be the Rams....on account of their win/loss record...
Old 01-10-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
As a life long Patriots fan I find myself rooting for the Bills. Nice win. (TV showed a fan in the stands with tears in his eyes after the game. That is Buffalo. They love their team. You got my support. Pick up the defense moving forward...all the best.)
+1. I wouldn't be rooting for the Jets though if they were the team that won the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
The Seahawks really stunk the joint up...credit the Rams....they were ready with a solid game plan that they executed very well....

...with no dog in the fight anymore I’ll get behind the Bills....they were tested yesterday by old man Rivers and eked out the win....hopefully that scare will set them up for a championship run....
Wow, what happened to the Seahawks and Russell Wilson? Wilson would have been the unanimous MVP after the first 5 games of the season and had 19 TD passes in those first five games.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
+1. I wouldn't be rooting for the Jets though if they were the team that won the division.

Wow, what happened to the Seahawks and Russell Wilson? Wilson would have been the unanimous MVP after the first 5 games of the season and had 19 TD passes in those first five games.
...it wasn’t Russell....it was that porous offensive line that led him to being under pressure on almost every play....no telling how bad they would have been without him...no way they would have won the division...or made the playoffs at all...they have some issues to address.....

...I really am enjoying the change in the NFL landscape...its making the season more exciting...
Old 01-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
...unless the Bears pull a rabbit out of their hat I reckon it wii be the Rams....on account of their win/loss record...
I think the Rams defense could hold A-Rog and the Pack in check. Now whether they could score enough themselves...?
Old 01-10-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
...it wasn’t Russell....it was that porous offensive line that led him to being under pressure on almost every play....no telling how bad they would have been without him...no way they would have won the division...or made the playoffs at all...they have some issues to address.....

...I really am enjoying the change in the NFL landscape...its making the season more exciting...
+1. New teams in the playoffs is good, as is seeing young stars and future HOF'ers in the playoffs. We have a mix of that this year.

I'm not a Browns' fan but I'm happy that they're in the playoffs. It's been too long for them.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
I think the Rams defense could hold A-Rog and the Pack in check. Now whether they could score enough themselves...?
It would be a good game, for sure.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 01-10-2021, 11:20 AM

I think even the Packer players would welcome a change of venue in lieu of a "temp of below zero" game!

Fog
Old 01-10-2021, 01:35 PM

I’m rooting for the Bucs for obvious reasons. If there’s a time for Brady to get off that losing streak with Brees is now. Brady may face off two QB greats this post season and I can’t wait for it to happen.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
I think even the Packer players would welcome a change of venue in lieu of a "temp of below zero" game!

Fog
We've had a very mild winter, so far. Predicting upper 20s for next weekend.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 01-10-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
I’m rooting for the Bucs for obvious reasons. If there’s a time for Brady to get off that losing streak with Brees is now. Brady may face off two QB greats this post season and I can’t wait for it to happen.
Same here. Brady and the Bucs will be facing Brees and the Saints next week if the Saints beat the Bears today (which I'm guessing will happen).
Old 01-10-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
In my mind, it's not about Brady. It's about that horrible Buc's secondary. It is absolutely abysmal and will not fare well against Brees and, or, Rogers.

Tom will have to play out of his mind.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-10-2021, 05:29 PM

Default NFL Wild Card Week-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
In my mind, it's not about Brady. It's about that horrible Buc's secondary. It is absolutely abysmal and will not fare well against Brees and, or, Rogers.

Tom will have to play out of his mind.

Yep it was in full display yesterday against a no name qb. They can stop a run, but they allow way too many completed passes.

But Brady has said it himself, he never blames his defense for a loss, he always looks at it from his offense having to score more points than the other team.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic