The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-20-2020, 09:43 PM
Charter Member

Default NLGD

Kurt at Guitars Plus in Victoria, BC very graciously loaned me a Webber Jumbo for the weekend. Sitka with aged toner top, cocobolo back and sides. Other makers would call it a MJ or SJ I suppose: 15 7/8" lower bout and 4" at the endpin. PB medium strings of some type, I think. They've been on the guitar for a few months, but it hasn't really been played.

I'm comparing it to a Webber L00 Engelmann/Mahogany that I got about two months ago (as well as to other guitars I have known and loved).

It has a very balanced sound, but very rich, with lots of overtones. More than my L00 I would say. Tremendous bass response. Very resonant. You can feel it through your chest. The sustain is amazing. This guitar really likes to be played loud. All of it's good qualities are just more so when it's played loud.

At first, I found it too big, when compared to my other guitars, which are all small body. But after a couple of days, it feels very comfortable. I think the relatively shallow body helps.

Am I going to pull the trigger? I don't think so. I just prefer the smaller body size, and I'm so enamoured of my other Webber, it's going to be a while before I get another guitar. The end of GAS? Maybe, but i'd certainly be curious to try a cedar top roundbody.

I've attached some pics of the jumbo, with my L00 for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (87.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (69.3 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (64.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (90.7 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (101.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (108.3 KB, 112 views)
Old 09-21-2020, 07:14 AM

Wow! Beautiful guitar(s), Enjoy!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 09-21-2020, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Both are beautiful! I'd probably prefer the 00 also, but it's a wonderful complement. Enjoy...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion