The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-07-2010, 06:51 PM

Default Revenue?

Hi!
May not be the right place to discuss? Not sure-but...
Many of us have home recording equipment and facilities....other than musical groups, are there any other revenue-generating ideas or avenues that could be utilized as a part-time endeavor? Marketing? Voice-overs,etc?
Looking for ideas?
Thanks!
Philip
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Guitar Gourmet

One of my first deals was recording a series of language courses for a prof at a local college. I got French and Spanish, to be exact. Wasn't sexy, but I paid off my gear with it.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 AM

I've fooled around with writing and recording jingles for local businesses. Haven't sold one yet but lots of fun putting them together.

"I've tasted and obtained wealth, fame and power and can testify that they do not compare to the satisfaction that I have tasted from one drop of water from the cup of Christ which has quenched my thirst."

- Malcom Muggeridge
Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1 View Post
I've fooled around with writing and recording jingles for local businesses. Haven't sold one yet but lots of fun putting them together.
Oh, man - what a fun idea, and it made me think of this:

I have pre-printed blank CDs for demos. They're semi pro (actually silver cds that are printed on with our logo, website info, phone number, etc). I went the blank route, so I can put whatever I want on it. As time goes on, I may record different versions of songs, write new songs, etc, etc...

But what about writing a jingle for each prospective venue and making that the first track on the CD? In truth, I only really have to have 1 song - just different lyrics, I guess. Seems like that might get their attention (if they get as far as listening to it).

It's a little corny, I guess - but hey...who knows?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD