The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:51 PM
AGF Sponsor

I notice at least three luthiers, including myself, plan to bring small guitars to B.I.G. That will make for very interesting observing!

I have finished the 2 Single 0's I plan to bring. I consider them both successful, yet they could hardly be more different, which was my plan. I put a bunch of pictures in my nearby 2018 (chapter 3) thread, and I offer a couple of each guitar for you here as well:

Old 02-11-2019, 07:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default B.I.G. 2019!!! Program updates announcements!!!!

Good morning Tom...

Here is another guitar that I’m working on for B.I.G.
It’s my Solis model (auditorium/0000-size with a 16” lower bout). It has Master-grade Sitka over Cocobolo, with flamed Pyinma purflings, Ebony bindings and rust veneer lines. The rosette is Pyinma burl with flamed Pyinma purfling.

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

The one-piece Honduran Mahogany neck is almost finished, and I’ve designed and cut out this seahorse (pictured with my headstock logo) to inlay at the 12th fret...
IMG_2472.jpg

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 02-11-2019, 08:59 AM

Ooowee! I can't wait to see this one, Joel! I love the seahorse - great touch.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:20 AM

Hey Tom, is Jason Kostal still on board for your shindig? He doesn't seem to post on AGF anymore so there's no teasers from him like those Steve, Bruce and Joel are posting. Not that anything hinges on this - I'm just curious. Heck, I would want to come even if it were an exclusively Sexauer show - or any one of the other guys. Can hardly wait!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
Hey Tom, is Jason Kostal still on board for your shindig? He doesn't seem to post on AGF anymore so there's no teasers from him like those Steve, Bruce and Joel are posting. Not that anything hinges on this - I'm just curious. Heck, I would want to come even if it were an exclusively Sexauer show - or any one of the other guys. Can hardly wait!
Yes for sure, he is still on board. He and Michael Watts are going to do a road trip from Arizona haha I would like to be a fly on the wall in that car but then again maybe not, lol, road trip food and all!!! He is busy working on a guitar trying to get it ready to bring to the event that we all want to see. I know he's bringing at least one if not a couple more as well. So yes he is going to be there. I think he's not posting because he has been working from what I have been told 14 to 16 hours a day trying to get a particular guitar finished.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
Good morning Tom...

Here is another guitar that I’m working on for B.I.G.
It’s my Solis model (auditorium/0000-size with a 16” lower bout). It has Master-grade Sitka over Cocobolo, with flamed Pyinma purflings, Ebony bindings and rust veneer lines. The rosette is Pyinma burl with flamed Pyinma purfling.

Attachment 18899

Attachment 18900

Attachment 18901

Attachment 18902

The one-piece Honduran Mahogany neck is almost finished, and I’ve designed and cut out this seahorse (pictured with my headstock logo) to inlay at the 12th fret...
Attachment 18903

Joel
Yowzer Joel, that looks great!!! That Coco is beautiful...plus 1 on the seahorse, really cool colors in that shell. Love how you gave him a mane!!! Can't wait to see it.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:47 AM

Everything is coming together just as I had hoped. This is supposed to be a personable small event where really just a bunch of friends get together and have a weekend of nothing but guitars, music, food, and friendship. So much more personal than the Big Show's, you can see what guitars will be there as well as the makers. I think from what has been displayed so far I could not be happier. And just wait it's gets better as we haven't even seen anything from three of the guys yet!!! And I would be remiss if not to mention the concerts from Bruce , Paul and Cindy, Frog and Toad, and Michael Watts. Oh yes, myself with my stepdaughter and significant other will be the leadoff band regaling you with three songs as well. Now if that doesn't make you sign up I don't know what will LOL.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:16 PM

Sorry about the silence. I'm out this attempt. I have a job interview and might be upgrading.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:29 PM

Wow. Talk about a plan coming together! I hope the "leadoff band" has prepared a fourth song as I envision shouts of 'encore!'. This is fantastic and I hope there will be many pictures to follow! How to go, Tom!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

Seahorse is finally in the stable...
IMG_2489.jpg

High five...
IMG_2490.jpg

Now let’s finish the race so we can race to finish...

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 02-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
Wow. Talk about a plan coming together! I hope the "leadoff band" has prepared a fourth song as I envision shouts of 'encore!'. This is fantastic and I hope there will be many pictures to follow! How to go, Tom!
Haha, well that would make my daughter's year for sure if that were to happen, I was simply hoping no one throws acorns at us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
Seahorse is finally in the stable...
Attachment 18913

High five...
Attachment 18914

Now let’s finish the race so we can race to finish...

Joel
Love the Seahorse, that just came out so cool Joel. You might move out of that pantry yet, keep it up!
Old 02-12-2019, 02:02 PM

Tom, Do you have any more room? I have a couple of friends in Austin that might be interested.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mc View Post
Tom, Do you have any more room? I have a couple of friends in Austin that might be interested.

For sure, they can come. I have been saving about 5 spots for folks in the neighborhood anyway and I actually had a a husband and wife that had to cancel yesterday as other plans came up, so that would work out great to replace them with your friends!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:55 PM

I'm really looking forward to this, if only to see what color pants Michael Watts wears.

Speaking of the indelicate, I've an indelicate question. I'll be doing my Kalamazoo Gals thing, which will include a presentation of still photos and videos of the Gals (including clips from folks playing the went-to-WWII guitar - Rosanne Cash will play it in a couple of weeks). And, if folks wish, I'll ship some books. No pressure. No need to buy one. But, well, I only want to ship as many as folks want. Discount price of $20, signed. These things make great doorstops, trivets, and kindling.

Anyway, PM me if you want me to bring a book.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
I'm really looking forward to this, if only to see what color pants Michael Watts wears.

Speaking of the indelicate, I've an indelicate question. I'll be doing my Kalamazoo Gals thing, which will include a presentation of still photos and videos of the Gals (including clips from folks playing the went-to-WWII guitar - Rosanne Cash will play it in a couple of weeks). And, if folks wish, I'll ship some books. No pressure. No need to buy one. But, well, I only want to ship as many as folks want. Discount price of $20, signed. These things make great doorstops, trivets, and kindling.

Anyway, PM me if you want me to bring a book.

I will just be happy if he is wearing pants LOL! Put the house down for 1 please! Can't wait to see the presentation!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop