The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-20-2019, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
SO the "evil eye" didn't work? Way off topic here, but they may have done you a favor by not getting to you. If anyone is going to screw up an oil change....it's them. Lot's of horror stories from those places. Some personally.

I see only the 12 string of the current select series has sold so far....
In our family, we call it "stink eye"... but that's not what I sent his way. I just glanced there while getting in the car to see if he even noticed. Alas (and how often do you get to say "alas"?), that seems to be the way many businesses operate these days.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Charter Member

Agreed Jim. I recently purchased a used Chevy, took it to the Chevy dealer for an oil change and they put 3 extra quarts in it for me ! How can you beat that for going the extra mile for their customers that own CF guitars !

Alas, Emerald has still only sold the 12 string in the current select series.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:47 AM

Given the size of an X30, the odds are it was aladdy that bought the 12 string.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 06-21-2019, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Took me a moment
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-21-2019, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Bwwwwaaaahahahaha!

Funny Friday!

As of yet this morning here in Chicago, I have not yet received a shipping notice, but considering there are a few more hours left in the workday in Donegal (presumably), maybe it will still happen. If it doesn't ship today, I most likely will not receive it before I head out on vacation, which would be a bummer.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-21-2019, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

I just talked to Kevin, shipping has been delayed to Monday.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
I just talked to Kevin, shipping has been delayed to Monday.
Crud....[emoji852]

Thanks Tof, I think that pretty much stinks any chance of me receiving it before I go on vacation..bummer.

Thx again for the update.

Did he indicate what the problem was this time? I must say I'm a big Emerald advocate, however it is starting to get a little disappointing, as for seemingly various reasons, shipping keeps getting delayed. To be honest, it does make me feel like something else is going on here that Emerald is not being completely transparent about....but that's probably my overactive imagination....fueled by an excess of sake caused by the delays. It's a viscous cycle!! Lol...cheers and happy Friday!

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-21-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Did he indicate what the problem was this time? I must say I'm a big Emerald advocate, however it is starting to get a little disappointing, as for seemingly various reasons, shipping keeps getting delayed. To be honest, it does make me feel like something else is going on here that Emerald is not being completely transparent about....but that's probably my overactive imagination....fueled by an excess of sake caused by the delays. It's a viscous cycle!! Lol...cheers and happy Friday!

Todd in Chicago
My guess is that Ireland is currently changing most of its shipping routes in preparation for the upcoming Brexit. I don't know by which route Emerald guitars are shipped to the US but mine was shipped to Europe through the UK.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 06-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
My guess is that Ireland is currently changing most of its shipping routes in preparation for the upcoming Brexit. I don't know by which route Emerald guitars are shipped to the US but mine was shipped to Europe through the UK.
Oh...very interesting. Something I would not have even thought about. However I would also say that this is where good communication comes in which provides a level of transparency.

Cheers all...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

I don’t think the problem comes from An Post. Emerald is a small company and as such is heavily dependent of a few key persons. When someone is sick it immediately increases the backlog. On top of that Alistair has a tendency to be quite optimistic regarding completion dates
I also think they could probably be more transparent communication wise, even if they’re really nice to deal with and easy to reach (at least when you live in a similar time zone!)

In my case I was told I would get my guitar ready for my annual visit in France mid April (I’m French but I live in Norway). If everything goes according to what Kevin told me the guitar should finally ship on Monday

That being said it’s the same with more or less all luthiers, and I’m fine with it as long as the guitar sounds great with a good set-up. Fingers crossed, but I have high expectations for my X30!
Old 06-21-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
I don’t think the problem comes from An Post. Emerald is a small company and as such is heavily dependent of a few key persons. When someone is sick it immediately increases the backlog. On top of that Alistair has a tendency to be quite optimistic regarding completion dates
I also think they could probably be more transparent communication wise, even if they’re really nice to deal with and easy to reach (at least when you live in a similar time zone!)
Don't rule out Leprechaun strikes an such..though I would if I were me. .
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Don't rule out Leprechaun strikes an such..though I would if I were me. .
Ever since those **** leprechauns unionized, Ireland has gone to s***.

Bwaaaaahahaha...

Todd in Chicago

P.s. at this point what's a few more weeks
Old 06-21-2019, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, there is this...

https://emeraldguitars.com/2019/04/1...merald-guitar/

-------------

For Todd: I understand how you feel about this whole delay situation. Before we retired, we had a small business (a high end photography studio, portrait and commercial). If it looked like we would be running behind on a project, we put in more hours. We didn't make unrealistic time estimates: better to under-promise and over-deliver. If a delay occurred due to a vendor not getting something to us (rare), our clients got a phone call from us, with an explanation and a new completion date... and the option to have us ship what was ready... and a nice "Thank you for your patience" surprise for them when their order was complete.

Good will is a hard thing to get back when lost. Hope your sake supply holds out.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:53 AM
Guest 928

The June series seems to be moving very s l o w l y......................
Old 06-23-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
The June series seems to be moving very s l o w l y......................
Not surprising.

The X-30 is a BIG guitar. I personally have zero interest in a guitar that big, I think the X-20 is pushing it a bit myself.

The burst is a love/hate thing. IMHO it's too abrupt and not blended well at the transition. Some folks like that, I want a burst to be so well blended that you can't see any transitions from one color to the next.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber