The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-14-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
It'll take at least 2 Leprechauns to Sean things up...Maybe a new guy might show up... be cool if his name starts with a "K".
I too have been dealing with Mr. K lately (not Tommy Lee Jones). Was Alistar for a bit now K.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:39 PM

Default I wanted to go too...

I was going to take a trip to The Wizard’s City...my Mrs knows it’s on my bucket list, but the best price cost about as much as a guitar. I, of course, opted for the ax.

So if didn’t want to drive...how would One get from Dublin to St Johnston, which if google maps is correct...emerald is actually located.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:48 PM

Great review! As soon as I sell off some gear I plan on ordering a custom X20 and a Chimera. I was wondering about the Amicus. At first, I thought it was a mandolin. It looks like a great niche instrument!
Old 05-21-2018, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

I play nylon string guitars exclusively for the past ........... 40+ years. My small guitar collection includes the first nylon string Emerald ever built, an X-10.

I just bought a steel string Amicus from a fellow AGF member. It arrived on Saturday.

I LOVE IT!!
Old 05-21-2018, 04:37 PM

The Amicus is a lot of fun to play.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-22-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
The Amicus is a lot of fun to play.
Easy transition for a guitarist? I tried a mandolin out and had lots of fun with it, but there’s definitely a learning curve.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

I think the Amicus is designed to be tuned like a guitar (in D) and not in fifths, so it’s basically like playing a 12 strings guitar with a capo on the 10th fret.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
I think the Amicus is designed to be tuned like a guitar (in D) and not in fifths, so it’s basically like playing a 12 strings guitar with a capo on the 10th fret.
Perfect, thanks!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Update: The red X20 I ordered back in April will not be shipped next week as planned. This is not my fault.

I was looking forward to the arrival of the X20 I ordered after my visit this Spring to Emerald Guitars. Then I foolishly read a bunch of recent posts that highlighted Cocobolo or Zircote veneers and thought maybe I should rethink my “I prefer the basic Artisan in red” concept.

So I go to the Emerald website late yesterday afternoon to take another look-see and lo, I get a popup that says they are on line and do I want to chat. After a couple of back and forths via chat and email, I am back in the queue.

This time I await an X20 with a red back and, at Alistair and Kevin’s suggestion, a Padauk veneer. I will leave it to Emerald to post an official photo of that combination, but the snapshot they sent me to show how it looks is tasty indeed. Thanks to Emerald Guitars for accommodating this late change.

This is your fault. You know who you are.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjk View Post
So I go to the Emerald website late yesterday afternoon to take another look-see and lo, I get a popup that says they are on line and do I want to chat. After a couple of back and forths via chat and email, I am back in the queue.

This is your fault. You know who you are.
Hehehe - welcome to the daaaahhhhkkkk side! We're having jackets made!

I love that innocent little popup chat box. So innocent, so easy. Let's just chat, they say. There oughtta be a law!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Guest 928

There's some pretty evil stuff going on here--glad I'm not part of it.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
There's some pretty evil stuff going on here--glad I'm not part of it.
Said the leader of the pack, the instigator-in-chief, main stirrer of you-know-what!
Old 08-16-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Said the leader of the pack, the instigator-in-chief, main stirrer of you-know-what!
Yup..that’s Unc Evy alright...stirring it up whilst the rest of us only offer positive and loving support...yup.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 08-16-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Hehehe - welcome to the daaaahhhhkkkk side! We're having jackets made!

I love that innocent little popup chat box. So innocent, so easy. Let's just chat, they say. There oughtta be a law!
Another smart bit of customer interaction. I have had a couple questions, and that is a good way to get an immediate, direct answer.

Scott, are we going to have to let your wife know that she needs to monitor your "computer time"??

"Are you on one of those chat things again?? Time out for you, mister!"
Old 08-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Guest 928

What a bunch of Pollyanna's! All sweetness and light, it's all good, our days do not darken. So sweet I almost want to puke. Someone has to represent reality. My nephew K is the real culprit, he's been there and done that, and he knows better. I think he's just spoiled. And what can you say about a nephew who bad-mouths his uncle?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber